Subject: NN courses in Namur (Belgium)

From: [email-masked] (Daniel Vercauteren)
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 12:46:45 +0200

The "Societe Royale de Chimie de Belgique" (Namur Section) and the
"Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie Informatique des Facultes Universitaires
Notre Dame de la Paix", Namur (Belgium)

propose in the framework of the "Advanced Lectures in Computational
Chemistry and Physics"
of the Namur SCF Center a series of specialized lectures on:

NEURAL NETWORKS FOR CHEMISTS

By Jure Zupan
Kemijski Institut, Ljubljana, Slovenija
National Institute of Chemistry, Slovenia

Monday, June 12th, 1995, 16h00-18h30 (including coffee break)

Theoretical Background: error-back propagation, Kohonen, and
counter-propagation.
Application Possibilities: supervised and unsupervised learning,
classifications and
experimental design, models and inverse models, models and optimisations.

Tuesday, June 13th, 1995, 16h00-18h30 (including coffee break)

Chemical Applications Part I: spectroscopies (IR, UV, EDX spectra),
property predictions (origin of olive oils, ageing of TiO2-based paints,
mechanical properties of paint coatings), control of chemical processes
(fault predictions, direct and inverse models for continuously stirred tank
reactor - CSTR).

Wednesday, June 14th, 1995, 16h00-18h30 (including coffee break)

Chemical Applications Part II: reactivity of bonds, electrostatic
potentials, secondary structure of proteins (moving window), etcŠ

Ref.: J. Zupan & J. Gasteiger, Neural Networks for Chemists, VCH, Weinheim,
Germany, 1993.

Informations: Prof. D.P.Vercauteren, Dr. L. Leherte
Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie Informatique Facultés Universitaires
Notre-Dame de la Paix
Rue de Bruxelles, 61  B-5000 NAMUR
Tél.: +32-81-724534 -- FAX: +32-81-724530
e-mail: vercau,[email-masked]

Address of the Courses:
Facultés Universitaires Notre-Dame de la Paix
Auditorium CH1, rue J.Grafé, 2
B-5000 Namur, Belgium

=========================================================================
| Prof. Daniel P. Vercauteren  | tel     +32 (81) 72 45 34              |
| Departement de Chimie        | fax     +32 (81) 72 45 30              |
| F.U.N.D.P.                   | e-mail  [email-masked] |
| Rue de Bruxelles, 61         |                                        |
| B-5000 Namur Belgium         |                                        |
=========================================================================