Subject: My experience with QChem on Windows NT

From: "gregor t. overney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 11:50:42 -0600 (MDT)

NT and Quantum Chemistry?
-------------------------

   A while ago, some people showed interest in doing quantum chemistry on the
Intel platform using Microsoft Windows NT. Using UNIX (DEC Alpha 3000, OSF/1)
myself, I got a good impression of the following platform: Pentium 90 MHz
running Windows NT 3.5 Workstation using WATCOM's 32bit FORTRAN compiler
version 9.5c. Large programs (like DeFT and GAMESS) compiled without
problems. For MOPAC 6, I had to make minor changes, but insignificant. A
good commercial product for the NT platform is available form HyperChem as
well.

GTO

PS: However, I am still using UNIX on larger systems and do not want to 
    replace it with NT (even if it would become available).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gregor T. Overney, Ph.D.                           Department of Chemistry
Senior Research Associate                     The University of New Mexico
                                                Albuquerque, NM 87131-1096

Voice: (505) 277-1665                                  FAX: (505) 277-2609
                               WWW:  http://enke.unm.edu/gregor/gregor.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------