Subject: NIH Budget

From: "Jeffrey P. Jones" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 12:49:04 -0400

I just received this from the president of FASEB.  I thought it might be of
interest to anyone involved in biomedical research.  The scope of these cuts is
so great that I can't believe all of us wil not feel the impact if they are
made. The following is an small section of the letter. To find more about the
scope of the proposed cuts and how you can oppose them, please retrieve the
file /pub/chemistry/legal/nih-cuts from

CCL archives:

---------------------------------------------------------------
 We urgently need your help to keep the U.S. Senate from making deep,
destructive cuts in the National Institutes of Health budget for the next
seven years to the Year 2002.  (...)
     Budget analysts say such a cut could plunge the NIH success rate for
competing proposals to 1% from the current low level of 15-20%.   That's
right:  1%.

a) by e-mail: send the message:
        select chemistry
        get legal/nih-cuts
   to [email-masked]

b) by anonymous ftp from www.ccl.net (/pub/chemistry/legal/nih-cuts)

c) by WWW:  http://www.ccl.net/chemistry.html
      Comp.Chem.Archive -> Legislative -> nih-cuts

d) gopher gopher.ccl.net 73
     legal -> nih-cuts
---------------------------------------------------------

-- 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

  Jeffrey P. Jones Ph.D
  Assistant Professor of Pharmacology
  University of Rochester
  601 Elmwood Ave.
  Rochester, NY 14642-8411
  (716)275-5371
  [email-masked]

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

	      New opinions are always suspected, and
              usually opposed, without any other
              reason but because they are not already
              common.

                                   John Locke

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!