Subject: Amber's new parameters for proteins and nucleic acids.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 23:28:07 -0600 (CST)

Dear Netters:

I just read in the latest JACS issue (JACS 1995, 117, 5179-5197)
a VERY interesting article about the developing of new parameters for
the simulation of proteins and nucleic acids (such parameters include 
hydrogen-bonding interactions!).
It is also mention here a WWW site where those parameters can be found and
downloaded. These parameters ar for AMBER.

Could anybody please tell me:

1) What does exactly AMBER do? (strong and weak points).
2) Is AMBER available for PCs? if so, under what Operating System?
3) Who distributes AMBER? Latest Version? Price? 
4) Computer requirements to run AMBER?

All comments about AMBER will be also welcome.

A summary will be provided upon request.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sincerely,

Guillermo A. Morales
===============================================================================
Guillermo A. Morales                        Phone:(504) 388-2706
Chemistry Department                        Fax:  (504) 388-3458
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA. 70803-1804                 E-mail: [email-masked]
U.S.A.
===============================================================================
===============================================================================
=========                                                          ============
========           ///          ////////      ///   ///           =============
=======           ///          ///           ///   ///           ==============
======           ///          ////////      ///   ///           ===============
=====           ///               ///      ///   ///           ================
====           ///////      ////////      /////////           =================
===                                                          ==================
===============================================================================
===============================================================================