Subject: Call for Papers - New Orleans ACS

From: "Robert Brown" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 1995 14:25:23 -0500

The following message is being posted to several lists. Apologies for
duplication!

                                 Call for Papers
                                 ===============

A symposium entitled 'Handling the Information Explosion in Combinatorial
Chemistry' will
be held in the Division of Chemical Information (CINF) of the ACS at the 1996
Spring
Meeting, New Orleans, March 24-29 1996.

The symposium will focus on the problems of handling the massive amount of
chemical
information generated by combinatorial chemistry projects. Presentations are
invited which
discuss the problems of registration of libraries and their components;
searching in
combinatorial library databases; tracking of libraries, components and
precursors; and ties
between chemical information systems and automated synthesis and screening.
Contributions
which avoid direct sales pitches are invited from vendors and papers from
end-users
describing their experiences using commercial combinatorial chemistry software,
developing
in-house systems or integrating combinations of the two are particularly
welcome.

If you are interested in contributing to this symposium, please send a short
summary
highlighting the topics you wish to address to the address below. Official ACS
abstracts
are due by 1st Novemeber.

Please send your summary and any enquiries to:

	Mark G. Bures, Robert D. Brown, Yvonne C. Martin
	Abbott Laboratories,
	D47E/AP10, 100 Abbott Park Road
	Abbott Park, IL 60064-3500.
	Phone: (708) 937 4981 (secretary)
	Fax: (708) 937 2625
	Internet: [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked].