Subject: ISMB-95 List of Papers and Registration Form

From: [email-masked] (Jacque Fetrow)
Date: Fri, 26 May 95 9:15:11 EDT

MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT

           Intelligent Systems for Molecular Biology, 1995

               ROBINSON COLLEGE, CAMBRIDGE ENGLAND

Below is a list of papers accepted for presentation at ISMB-95
including their status as ORAL or POSTER presentations.

Following that is a copy of the ISMB-95 Registration form in case
it is more convenient for you to receive it by e-mail than collect
it from our WWW server.

For reference our WWW site is:

	ftp://ftp.icnet.uk/icrf-public/ismb/ismb.html

Please register early, as accomodations are limited.

---------------------- LIST OF PAPERS -------------------------------

FOR ORAL PRESENTATION

Automata-Theoretic Models of Mutation and Alignment	Searls and Murphy

Automatic RNA Secondary Structure Determination
   with Stochastic Context-Free Grammars	 	Grate

Characterizing Oriented Protein Structural Sites	Bagley, Wei, Cheng	
   Using Biochemical Properties 			and Altman

Cooperative Computer System for Genome Sequence		Medigue, Vermat,
    Analysis					 	Bisson, Viari 
							and Danchin
A Distance-Based Block Searching Algorithm 		Sagot, Viari and Soldano

Evaluating Regularizers for Estimating Distributions
   of Amino Acids 					Karplus

Fast Protein Structure Database Searches at 90%
   Reliability					 	Holm and Sander

Graph-Theoretic Approach to RNA Modeling Using
   Comparative Data					Cary and Stormo

Identification of Human Gene Structure Using		Solovyev, Salamov 
    Linear Discriminant Functions and Dynamic		and Lawrence
    Programming

Identification of Protein Motifs Using Conserved 	Wu and Brutlag
   Amino Acid Properties and Partitioning Techniques
   and Partitioning Techniques  		 	

Maximum Entropy Weighting of Aligned Sequences of
   Proteins or DNA 					Krogh and Mitchison

Multiple Alignment Using Hidden Markov Models		Eddy

Neural Net Representations of Empirical Protein		Grossman, Farber
    Potentials					  	and Lapedes

A New Approach to Primer Selection in Polymerase Chain	Pearson, Robins, 
  Reaction Experiments					Wrege and Zhang

An Optimized Parsing Algorithm  Well Suited to
   RNA Folding 					 	Lefebvre

Parallel Sequence Alignment in Limited Space		Grice, Hughey and Speck
Periodic Sequence Patterns in Human Exons		Baldi, Brunak, Chauvin,
 							Engelbrecht and Krogh

Predicting Protein Folding Classes without Overly	Craven, Mural,
    Relying on Homology 				Hauser and Uberbacher

Protein Docking Combining Symbolic Descriptions of	Ackermann, Herrmann,
    Molecular Surfaces and Grid-Based Scoring		Kummert, Posch,
    			Functions 			Sagerer and Schomburg

Recognizing Protein Coding Regions Using an
    Artificial Immune System 				Cooke and Hunt

Reconstruction of Metabolic Networks Using Incomplete
    Information 					Gaasterland and Selkov

Recursive Dynamic Programming for Adaptive Sequence	Thiele, Zimmer
   and Structure Alignment				and Lengauer

TOPITS:  Threading One-Dimensional Predictions into 
   Three-Dimensional Structures 			Rost
Towards an Intelligent System for the Automatic		Sternberg, Hegyi,
    Assignment of Domains in Globular Proteins		Islam, Luo and Russell

The Value of Prior Knowledge in Discovering Motifs
    with MEME++ 					Bailey and Elkan

Viewing Genome Data as Objects for Application		Bergeman, Graves
    Development						and  Lawrence

FOR POSTER PRESENTATION

APIC:  A Generic Interface for Sequencing Projects	Bisson and Garreau

BONSAI Garden:  Parallel Knowledge Discovery System for	Shoudai, Lappe, 
    Amino Acid Sequences				Miyano, Shinohara,
							Okazaki, Arikawa,
							Uchida, Shimozono,
							Shinohara and Kuhara

Classifying Nucleic Acid Sub-Sequences as Introns
   and Exons Using Genetic Programming		 	Handley

Computer Tool Funsite for Analysis of Eukaryotic	Kel, Konrakin,
    Regulatory Genomic Sequences			Kolpakov, Kel	
   							Romashenko, Wingender,
							Milanesi and Kolchanov

Constituting a Receptor-Ligand Information Base from	Hemm, Aberer 
   Quality-Enriched Data				and Hendlich

A Constraint-based Assignment System for Automating	Leishman, Gray
   Long Side Chain Assignments in Protein 2D		and Fothergill
   NMR Spectra

A Divide and Conquer Approach to Multiple Alignment	Dress, Fuellen
 							and Perrey
DNA Sequence Assembly and Genetic Algorithms New 
   Results and Puzzling Insights		    	Parsons and Johnson

Identification of Nucleotide Sequences by Specific	Kolchanov, Vishnevsky,
    Oligonucleotide Sets - a Computer Tool and		Babenko, Kel and
    Application						Shindyalov	

Investigations of Escherichia coli  Promoter Sequences
    with Artificial Neural Networks:  New Signals
    Upstream of the Transcriptional Startpoint	 	Pedersen and Engelbrecht

MMDB:  An ASN.1 Specification for Macromolecular 	Ohkawa, Ostell 
   Structure						and Bryant

Neweyes:  A System for Comparing Biological Sequences
    Using the Running Karp-Rabin Greedy String-Tiling
    Algorithm						Wise

Predicting Free Energy Contributions to the		Casadio, Compiani,
   Conformational Stability of Folded Proteins 		Fariselli and
   from the Residue Sequence with Radial Basis		Vivarelli
   Function Networks

Protein Modeling with Hybrid Hidden Markov Model/Neural 
   Network Architectures  				Baldi and Chauvin

Relation between Protein Structure, Sequence Homology	Mayoraz, Dubchak
   and Composition of Amino Acids 			and Muchnik

Softening Constraints in Constraint-based Protein
   Topology Prediction 					Parsons

Solvent Accessible Surface Representation in a
   Database System for Protein Docking			Seidl and Kriegel

A Specification for Defining and Annotating Regions
 of Macromolecular Structures			 	Brenner and Hubbard

Subclass Approach for Mutational Spectra Analysis 	Glasko, Latkin 
							and Rogozin

Symbolic Generation and Clustering of RNA 3-D Motifs   	Foucrault and Major

Time-Efficient Docking of Flexible Ligands into Active	Rarey, Kramer
    Sites of Proteins 					and Lengauer

Using Temporal Reasoning for Genome Map Assembly 	Schmeltzer

---------------------- REGISTRATION FORM --------------------------

ISMB-95 REGISTRATION FORM

NAME:		..............................................................

AFFILIATION:	..............................................................

		.............................................................

ADDRESS:	.............................................................

		.............................................................

		............................................................

PHONE: .............................	FAX:  ...............................

E-MAIL:	.....................................................................

	Are you:-	Full-time Student*  ......	Other   ......

			Male	  	    ......	Female	......

			* Please include proof of full-time student status  
	
	......	Tick here if you would like information about travel support

  TUTORIALS

	(select at most one tutorial from each column)

	AM	......			PM	  ......

AM 16/7:				PM 16/7:
T1:  Molecular Biology for the		T5:  Linguistics of Biosequences
	 Computer Scientist		T6:  Protein Evolution
T2:  Intelligent Systems for the	T7:  Computational Methods for
	 Molecular Biologist			Molecular Docking
T3:  Protein Structure Prediction	T8:  Statistical Foundations of 
T4:  Machine Learning Approaches		Multiple Sequence Alignment
	to Molecular Biology			and Structure Prediction

	ONE				TWO
50 UKpounds/$85/65ecu			95 UKpounds/$155/125ecu
(or 65 UKpounds/$110/85ecu		(including lunch)
	including lunch)
						   UKpounds/$/ecu   ......

  CONFERENCE REGISTRATION

			Early*			     Late

Full-time student*	125 UKpounds/$200/160ecu     150 UKpounds/$240/195ecu
Other			150 UKpounds/$240/195ecu     175 UKpounds/$280/225ecu
							
						    UKpounds/$/ecu    ......

			* Early registration = before 4 June 1995

      ACCOMMODATION/MEALS

Accommodation Package @ 260UKpounds/$420/330ecu		UKpounds/$/ecu ......

Extra Night's Accommodation (B&B) @ 50 UKpounds/$85/65ecu per night
(Pre-Tutorial:  15 July    Post-Conference:  19 July)

		Please specify date(s) ..............	UKpounds/$/ecu ......

Non-Residential
Lunch only @ 15 UKpounds/$25/20ecu per day (17, 18 and 19 July)

		Please specify date(s ) .............	UKpounds/$/ecu ......

Conference Dinner tickets @ 35 UKpounds/$60/50ecu	UKpounds/$/ecu ......

						TOTAL	UKpounds/$/ecu ...... 

I enclose my cheque/money order (UKpounds, $US, ecus - please specify)
made payable to Imperial Cancer Research Fund (ISMB-95)

or debit my card:  Access/Visa/Amex/Diners Club (please specify)

Card No:					Expiry Date:	

Signed:						Date:

Please list:-

Any special dietary requirements	

...............................................................
Any special accommodation requirements (eg twin room)	

...............................................................
Whether wheelchair access is required	

...............................................................

Please state if you would like to present a poster  at the
Open Poster Evening - to be held on Tuesday  July 18, 6.00pm - 7.30pm	  

  Yes/No   

Return Registration Form with payment to:-
ISMB-95 Registration
c/o Dr C J Rawlings
Biomedical Informatics Unit
61 Lincoln's Inn Fields
LONDON  WC2A 3PX
Fax:  + 44 (0)171 269 3067