Subject: Color Printers

From: [email-masked] (M. Nicklaus)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 95 11:04:41 -0400

Dear CCL'ers,

We are looking at buying a new color printer for our molecular modeling group.
We are interested in a printer that can produce publication-quality output,
such as color figures to be included in manuscripts, or color overhead 
transparencies.  The capability to print on plain paper would be nice but is
not a necessity.  The printer is going to be hooked up to a SG workstation.

Since quite a number of new color printers have been put on the market by 
various manufacturers in the recent past, we'd like to ask everyone about 
their experiences with especially this new crop of machines, and what you
think is the best color printer available at this time for printing, e.g.,
complex protein structures and the like.

Thanks in advance for all feedback.  I'll summarize for the Net if I get 
useful responses.

Marc C. Nicklaus

------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Marc C. Nicklaus                        Lab. of Medicinal Chemistry
 e-mail: [email-masked]               National Cancer Institute, NIH
 Phone:  (301) 402-3111                  Bldg 37, Rm 5B29
 Fax:    (301) 496-5839                  BETHESDA, MD 20892-4255
------------------------------------------------------------------------