Subject: Re: CCL:1-, 3- and 5-Methyl-indole - any structural data

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 1995 20:08:57 -0600 (CST)

Dear Jochen:

Indole compounds is my area and I happened to have some nice papers related
to your question.

Try:

1) Pure and Appl. Chem. 1980, Vol. 53, pp 1525-1540
   Title: Aromatic Stability of Polycyclic Compounds

2) J. Chem. Soc. Perkins Trans 2 1990, pp 1881-1884
   Title: AM1 Study of a beta-Carboline Set. Part II: Pyrrole-N-Deproto-
          nated Species

3) J. CHem. Soc. Perkin Trabs 2 1990, pp 65-71
   Title: AM1 Study of a beta-Carboline Set: Structural Properties and
          Potential Reactivity

4) J. Heterocyclic Chem. 1984, Vol. 21, pp 273-282
   Title: Aromaticity in Bridge Heteroannulenes

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Guillermo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Internet: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 1995 09:03:17 -0400 (EDT)

Please check the cummulative index in J. Mol. Struct. (Theo. Chem.)
A complete list of molecules studied using ab initio theory is 
given there..
Thanks
Satyam

---

From: David Maxwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 95 18:39:42 EDT

I performed torsional energy calculations on 3-methyindole and 5-ethylindole 
at the RHF/6-31G* level.  The results should appear in J. Comp. Chem. in the
next few months along with numerous other torsional energy calculations.
Since you are looking for the structural data, I probably could be convinced to
look up the coordinates for you.

-Dave Maxwell