Subject: Chemical structures as GIF files

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Wieland)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 95 13:35:21 +0200

>On Sun, 25 Jun 1995 [email-masked] wrote:
>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Does anybody know what chemical drawing programs will allow
>> the user to export a structure as a GIF file. I have tried
>> several options by exporting a file as a WMF file and then
>> use a program to convert WMF to GIF but it doesn't do a good
>> job.
>>
>> Any ideas?

You could try RASMOL by R. Sayle which is available from various
ftp servers (try ARCHIE) for MS-Windows and UNIX X-Windows. It
doesn't allow to draw interactively, but has very nice pictures
with several export formats (including gif). It accepts as input
e.g. PDB-format.

Hope this helps
Thomas

Thomas Wieland               +---------------+
Dipl. Math.                  |+----    +----+|
Lehrstuhl II f. Mathematik   |\    \   |    ||
Universitaet Bayreuth        | \    \  |    ||
                             |  \    \ |    ||
95440 Bayreuth               |   \    \\    ||
Germany                      |    \    \\   ||
Tel. +49 (921) 553386        |     \     \\ ||
Fax  +49 (921) 553385        |      \-------||
                             +---------------+