Subject: Seeking conformational references

From: "Hr Dr. S. Shapiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 09:43:14 +0100 (MET)

Dear Colleagues;

     Some years ago, Norden & Edlund [Acta Chem. Scand. 41B: 194-7 ('87) and
references cited therein] published some articles on the conformations of
2-phenoxyphenols.  For some work in progress in our laboratory, we are in-
terested in both theoretical and experimental conformational studies of the
three isomeric forms (ortho, meta, and para) of the following classes of
2-ring compounds:

                           biphenylols
                           phenoxyphenols
                           benzyloxyphenols
                           cyclohexylphenols
                           cyclohexyloxyphenols
                           cyclohexylmethylphenols
                           cyclohexylmethyloxyphenols

A literature search turned up only the aforementioned article by Norden &
Edlund.  If anyone knows of other articles on the theoretical or experimental
conformations of compounds of the types listed above, I would be very glad to
hear from you and to receive specific citations.

     Thanks in advance to all responders.

Yours most respectfully,

(Dr.) S. Shapiro
Institut fuer orale Mikrobiologie und allgemeine Immunologie
Zentrum fuer Zahn-, Mund- und Kieferheilkunde der Universitaet Zuerich
Plattenstrasse 11
Postfach
CH-8028 Zuerich 7
Switzerland

Internet: [email-masked]
FAX-nr: ( ... + 1) 261'56'83