Subject: CCL:Quantitaive Assessment of Novel ligands

From: David Livingstone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 08:40:54 +0100

Hi,

Michael Dooley asked the question:

"I'm searching for a protocol or recipe of 'vital statistics'
to assess novel ligands that i've designed, so that
i'll have firm arguments to convince organic chemists
to synthesise a molecule.  I'm using biosym software +....."

There are probably as many ways to do this as there are chemists that 
you work with but I think that Chris Snell from Sandoz put his finger 
on it;
 " ........... but most important of all, you should 
     have your chemist collaborators on board at an early stage in the 
     modelling and involve them as much as possible in the process."

Nobody likes to be told what to do and it is often very easy to hide 
some very good reasons behind a lot of gobbledegook.  Let the 
chemists play with your toys and they will be convinced themselves.  
I have always found that this approach works best.  

Regards,

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------------------
D.J. Livingstone 
                                     ChemQuest
                       Cheyney House, 19-21 Cheyney St.,
                       Steeple Morden. Herts UK SG8 0LP 
  
Phone & Fax: +44 (0)1763 852569 
e-mail [email-masked]
------------------------------------------------------------------