Subject: Re: CCL:CoMFA patent?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 10:03:00 -0400

Dear Netters,

> In the summary from Michael Dooley, Wayne Steinmetz claims that there is a 
> patent for CoMFA as a method. What exactly stands in this patent?
> If there is such a patent, where can I get a copy of the official 
> patent documents?

I recall that a US patent on CoMFA by Tripos Associates, St. Louis, MO, 
issued about 3 years ago.  Try contacting your local representative.  A 
copy of the US patent may be had from several sources including the US 
Patent office.  Check with your library.  It was also abstracted in 
Chemical Abstracts.  Sorry, I don't have the patent number handy but maybe 
someone from Tripos will see this and respond.

Karl
 _______________________________________________________________________
/                                                                       \ 
| Comments are those of the author and not Unilever Research U. S.      |
|                                                                       |
| Karl F. Moschner, Ph. D.                                              | 
|                                                                       | 
| Unilever Research U. S.      e-mail: [email-masked] | 
| 45 River Road                Phone:  (201) 943-7100 x2629             | 
| Edgewater, NJ 07020          FAX:    (201) 943-5653                   | 
\_______________________________________________________________________/