Subject: Molecular SCULPTing Software available

From: [email-masked] (Mark C. Surles)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 09:30:50 -0800

Interactive Simulations, Inc. released SCULPT to the World Wide Web.
SCULPT is the first system that allows interactive manipulation of
molecular structures while computing molecular mechanics in real time.

SCULPT now lets one use a mouse to grab onto atoms, secondary structures,
and ligands and literally move them around while other atoms move due to
the changed atom positions.  SCULPT is the culmination of ten man years of
effort by Dr. Mark Surles, Profs. David and Jane Richardson, and Prof. Fred
Brooks.

SCULPT works with, and increases the functionality of, other modeling
systems.  The interface takes only minutes to learn.  SCULPT is an ideal
complement to many areas of molecular modeling including:

        Homology--interactively move loops, splice points, and sidechains;
        Membrane proteins--interactively move secondary structure;
        Ligand & receptors--interactively dock ligands into flexible receptors.

Download a fully functional trial with demo data sets by using
Netscape/Mosaic (URL: http://www.intsim.com/~isigen), or email us at
[email-masked].

July's pricing:  $700 (academic) and $2500 (commercial).

Mark Surles
[email-masked]

Interactive Simulations, Inc.      Phone: (619) 658-9462
5330 Carroll Canyon Road           FAX:   (619) 658-9463
Suite 203                          Email: [email-masked]
San Diego, CA  92121               URL:   http://www.intsim.com/~isigen