Subject: SCULPT and Chemical Intuition

From: [email-masked] (Brian W. Beck)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 12:38:34 -0800 (PDT)

Two things I worry about when I hear about programs like
	SCULPT is :

	1) The "real time" molecular mech. calcs. may be slow for reasonably
	   large systems.

	2) The interface seems to rely heavily on "chemical intuition"
	   which often can help you overcome problems, but can just as
	   likely lead you down the garden path. (i.e lead you to false
	   interpretations.)

	-Brian
-- 
=============================================================================
|   .---------.| Brian W. Beck      |    E-mail Addresses:                  |
|/\ |         ||--------------------|        [email-masked]        |
|| \\     WSU || Biochem/Biophysics |   [email-masked]                  |
|\  -        *|| WSU ,  206 Fulmer  |  URL  http://elmo.chem.wsu.edu/~brian |
| |           || Pullman, WA        |    VOICE    (509) 335-4083            |
| \___________||       99164-4660   |      FAX    (509) 335-9688            |
=============================================================================