Subject: CCL:serious G94-problems in loadleveler environment

From: "Guest FTP Account" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 17:26:04 -0600

Dear colleagues,

there is a question to the whole community of G94-users.

We have much trouble with the G94-relaese (Revision B1) running on an rs6000
cluster
supervised by the ibm loadleveler.
Within the loadleveler configuration one can specify the maximum size of the
data
segment that is used by the submitted job; in our configuration this value
is set to 1280 MB (this should be enough for conventional programs and there
is no way to increase this ).
Nevertheless all trails to submit an G94 job via the loadleveler breaks down,
because the size of data segments used by G94 seems to be large than the
configurated value of 1280 MB ( the so-called hardlimit). Therefore the job is
not able to start, it is immediately killed by the system.
By starting a small gaussain job from a 'pure' unix shell (without any
loadleveler
environment) all is O.K., but for larger production jobs we have to use the
loadleveler environment.

After inspection the sources i can not found any call of system-functions like
vlimit, setrlimit, brk or sbrk (in order to explicit choose the size), so i was
not
able to modify the source to reduce the amount of data segments needed.

The same or maybe similar problems might be arise also in within other queueing
systems
like NQS ... .

I have no idea about solving this problem, so any suggestions or hints are
highly appreciated.

Desperatly hoping any responds
regards

	Sven

--