Subject: SGI R8000: GROMOS and compiler flags

From: [email-masked] (Pieter Stouten)
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 1995 23:26:03 -0500

I have two questions related to running GROMOS on SGI R8000's.

1) What Fortran compiler flags does one have to use to generate optimal
   GROMOS single-processor executables? I have heard that the standard
   flags do not generate code that takes advantage of the R8000's
   architecture. Is that true?
2) I intend to run GROMOS on an 8 processor (R8000's) Power Challenge. Is
   there a parallel GROMOS version that also takes advantage of the R8000's
   architecture? About four years ago Terry Clark had a parallel Stellar
   version. Does anybody know what happened to that version? Is there another
   (better?) version that will work on the Power Challenge?

Thanks in advance for your help, Pieter.

--
Pieter Stouten, Senior Research Scientist   ||  Nothing shocks me;
Computer Aided Drug Design Group            ||
The DuPont Merck Pharmaceutical Company     ||  I am a scientist!
P.O. Box 80353, Wilmington, DE 19880-0353   ||
Phone: +1 (302) 695 3515                    ||          --
Fax: +1 (302) 695 2813                      ||
Internet: [email-masked]        ||    Indiana Jones