Subject: Free Academic license for ISIS/Draw (Mac) is now available on the Web

From: "Osman F. Güner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 1995 16:54:04 -0800 (PST)

SUBJECT:  ISIS/Draw 1.2.1 for Macintosh is now available for downloading, 
          for academic use and personal use at home.
SENT:     06-JULY-1995

[This announcement is being sent to the following list servers:
	ISISFORUM-L
	CHMINF-L
	CCL
and the sci.chem Newsgroup.  Please excuse any duplicate copies you receive 
as a result.]

On March 31, 1995, we announced the availability of a free license for 
ISIS/Draw 1.2w for Windows for academic use and personal use at home.  This
version of ISIS/Draw was offered in particular as a helper application
for WWW browsers, and in support of the efforts toward a chemical MIME
type.  From the beginning, there have been inquiries about the Macintosh
version.  ISIS/Draw 1.2.1 for Macintosh is now available.  This version
(virtually identical to the version recently shipped to supported 
customers) can be used with Mosaic, Netscape, and other browsers to view
*.mol, *.rxn, *.tgf and *.skc files.

To obtain a copy for yourself, go to MDL's WWW homepage (http://www.mdli.com),
and click on the GIF image announcing the availability of the Mac version.
Follow the directions on the offer page, and you will end up with a "BinHex'ed"
(4.0) copy of the self-extracting archive.  Reconvert the file to the
self-extracting archive and double-click on the resulting file to install
ISIS/Draw 1.2.1 for Macintosh. 

Please note that we now have an ISIS/Draw tutorial available as an Adobe 
Acrobat file.  This file can be used from Adobe's Acrobat (you can get a copy
of Acrobat through our download page) on either Macintosh or Windows.

Sincerely,
-David Hughes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Hughes
Product Manager, Core Products
ISIS Business Unit
MDL Information Systems, Inc.			phone:	(510) 895-1313, x.1432
14600 Catalina Street				fax:	(510) 483-4738
San Leandro, CA  94577				email:  [email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------