Subject: Setting up old SUN workstations

From: "Anthony J. Duben" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 00:06:40 -0500 (CDT)

I recently received a donation of some old Sun workstations
(a Sun 4/120, the kind that comes in two units that rolls around
on wheels; two Sun 4/110; and a Sun 3).  They have a lot of use
in them yet, if I could only get them running.

When I received them, they were entirely disassembled and the
original monitors were not included in the donation.  I received
Tektronix Series 420X terminals instead that I was told I could
use, enabling at least Unix command line work.  I also received
a bunch of manuals EXCEPT the hardware installation manuals.  I
have only a rough idea what I hook up where, but still things
don't work.

I would appreciate help from anyone who has experience in setting up any
or all of these computers.  Please reply directly.  Thanks.

Tony Duben ([email-masked])

**********************************************************************

Anthony J. Duben
Southeast Missouri State University
Associate Dean, College of Science and Technology
Rhodes Bldg. 102C, Mail Stop 6000
1 University Plaza
Cape Girardeau MO 63701-4799
voice: (314) 651-2194
FAX: (314) 651-2223
e-mail: [email-masked]

**********************************************************************