Subject: Two questions

From: "Hr Dr. S. Shapiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 09:29:29 +0100 (MET)

Dear Colleagues,

     I have a molecular viewer that will display MDL MOL, HyperChem .hin,
Tripos MOL2, PDB .ent, and MOPAC Z-matrix files.  Is there a DOS/Windows/
Linux/Unix/FORTRAN77 programme for converting connection tables in MDL's
MACCS format into 3-D structures?  If so, what is the final output file for
mat of the 3-D structures thus generated?

     Also, I use the programme ChemWindows 2.1 (SoftShell, Inc.) for drawing
chemical structures.  On occasion I need to modify such a structure but can-
not do it from within ChemWindows, so I copy and paste the .cw2 file into
the Windows PAINTBRUSH accessory and make my modifications there.  I then
try to copy it back into ChemWindows to continue the drawing, but I receive
a message from ChemWindows saying that it no longer recognises the file after
I have made some subtle changes using PAINTBRUSH.  Can anyone suggest how I
can successfully copy a PAINTBRUSH-modified .cw2 file back into ChemWindows
2.1?  [Please don't advise that I contact SoftShell directly; I have already
done so --- twice.  The first time I received a package of information about
SoftShell products but no answer to my question.  The second time I never
received an response.]

Yours sincerely,

(Dr.) S. Shapiro
Institut fuer orale Mikrobiologie und allgemeine Immunologie
Zentrum fuer Zahn-, Mund- und Kieferheilkunde der Universitaet Zuerich
Plattenstrasse 11
Postfach
CH-8028 Zuerich 7
Switzerland

Internet: [email-masked]
FAX-nr: ( ... + 1) 261'56'83