Subject: Re: CCL:g94 on convex

From: [email-masked] (Nico van Eikema Hommes)
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 09:07:18 +0200

Hi Fred!

>          I have tried once or twice to compile g94 on our Convex using the
>standard procedure. The helper programs for pre-processing the source are
>compiled without problems, but when the time comes to call them during the
>make I get this ...
>gau-unlimit: Command not found.
>gau-arflags: Command not found.
> I guess that the makefile needs a bit of doctoring but what I don't know
>about Unix scripting could fill an encyclopedia. Has anyone encounterd this
>problem and solved it?

No modifications to the makefile are necessary, but the environment has to
be set up correctly for the installation script to work.

Let's assume that you have all the source files in /usr/local/g94. You go
into this directory and type (the % is the Unix prompt):
% setenv g94root /usr/local       i.e. the parent of the g94 directory.
Then you run the setup script by typing
% source bsd/g94.login
which includes necessary directories in your $path. Then, you proceed by
typing first
% bsd/install                     to correct permissions, change .f to .F
and then you start the actual installation with
% bsd/bldg94 >& install.log &
(This saves the output of the script, in case something goes wrong).

It worked this way on our C220.

Good luck!

         Nico van Eikema Hommes

--
  Dr. N.J.R. van Eikema Hommes     Computer-Chemie-Centrum
  [email-masked]       Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg
  Phone:    +49-(0)9131-856532     Naegelsbachstr. 25
  FAX:      +49-(0)9131-856566     D-91052 Erlangen, Germany