Subject: G94 warning against LANL1DZ

From: [email-masked] (Eric V. Patterson)
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 15:56:52 -0600

Dear Netters-
        In the G94 User's Reference (pg. 23), a small footnote warns that
the use of LANL1DZ is "strongly discouraged".  Can someone tell me why? 
The best I can tell, LANL1DZ and LANL2DZ only differ in the use of D95V for
the former and D95 for the latter on first row atoms.  Is there some
general flaw with LANL1DZ that I should be aware of?  Any help is
appreciated.

Eric

==============================================================================

>From the desk of:
Eric Patterson                               voice:  (608) 262-0599
Department of Chemistry                      FAX:    (608) 262-0381
University of Wisconsin - Madison            email:  [email-masked]
1101 University Ave.
Madison, WI  53706

============================================================================
==