Subject: Add: LiqCryst - Dbase of Liquid Crystal Compounds

From: Jan Labanowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 1995 11:45:51 -0400

I was asked to post this short add:

LiqCryst - Database of Liquid Crystalline Compounds for Personal Computers
(by Volkmar Vill, Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Hamburg)

     LiqCryst is an integrated system of data and functions.  LiqCryst contains
the knowledge about all thermotropic liquid crystals. More than 60 000 structu-
res are extracted and carefully  checked from more than 10 000 references. 
Included are calamitics, discotics, polymers, surfactants, and lipids. Compiled 
for all compounds are phase schemes,  transition temperatures, elastic
constants,  spontaneous polarizations, indications to spectroscopy, etc.
Sources: journals, books, patent literature, conference proceedings and PhD 
theses. The program  allows quick  search  for substructures, similarity, 
chemical elements, phase sequences,  transition temperatures,  physical 
measurements and references.   Compounds are displayed in tables. Homologous 
series can be expressed in a graph.  LiqCryst allows very simple statistical
analysis of structure-property-relationship and prediction of transition 
temperatures of  new compounds by statistical  extrapolation from the data of 
known similar compounds. System Requirements: IBM-compatible PC (386+), 600 kB 
free RA and about 15 MB disc space. 
Distribution and further information available from: 
                         Fujitsu Kyushu System (FQS), 
                         Computer Chemistry Section
                         Hakata Eki Mae 1-5-1, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka 812, Japan
                         TEL: +[81] (92) 472 0714