Subject: RE:Benchmarks inital summary

From: Charles Letner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 1995 15:33:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,
	Yesterday I posted a question about benchmarking software.  I have
gotten a number of inital responses.  Most indicate that "wall clock" time
is probably one of the better benchmarks.  The most common reason: it
takes into account issues such as multipule processors, memory swapping,
etc..  To eliminate factors such as other jobs and other users one
indiviual mentioned that they make the machine unavailable to other users
while the benchmark job is running.
	I will post a full summary next week that includes the response I
have already recieved as well as any I recieve over the weekend.
Thanks to everyone who responded.
Chuck 

Charles Letner
Wright State University
Department of Biochemistry
Dayton, OH 45435
e-mail: [email-masked]