Subject: ftp Out from HP Workstation

From: Masayuki Yuki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 12:21:57 PDT

Dear Netters:

I was trying to ftp a ca. 10 MB coordinate file generated by AMBER 4.0 from
the HP 9000/712 workstation with HP-UX 9.05 to SGI Indigo Elan, and it does
not work.  We can transfer a coordinate file from SGI to HP.  There seems to
be a major problem which prevent me from ftping a large file out of the HP
workstation.  

I am suspecting that there could be a bug in the ftp protocol in HP-UX
9.05.  

I would appreciate it if anyone can help me out of this
problem.  A software patch available through Internet might work.  
Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,

Masayuki Yuki
email:  [email-masked]
Dept. of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy 
University of Southern California