Subject: Computational Chemistry Workshop

From: "Wayne Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 1995 10:47:33 -0700

Announcing the upcoming fall quarter schedule for ...

		------------------------------------
		| COMPUTATIONAL CHEMISTRY WORKSHOP |
		------------------------------------

	September 6-8, October 11-13 & November 8-10, 1995

Intensive 3-day workshops focus on application of modern electronic
structure methods to chemistry. Lectures will describe underlying
theory, assess performance of modern electronic structure methods,
outline practical strategies for doing calculations, and illustrate
results of applications to diverse chemical problems. Laboratories
provide molecular modeling demostration, hands-on experience using
a wide selection of experiments, as well as ample of time to explore
your own chemistry. Visualization and animation techniques will also
be presented for both educational and research presentation.

Here are the summary of workshop information:

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/                                                                _/
_/                COMPUTATIONAL CHEMSITRY WORKSHOPS               _/
_/						                  _/
_/ Format:      3-day intensive workshop on electronic structure  _/
_/              methods and applications, and hands-on molecular  _/
_/              modeling laboratory on individual workstations.   _/
_/              It will provide:                                  _/
_/							          _/
_/		 o Concise summary of modern electronic structure _/
_/                 methods;                                       _/
_/		 o Assessment of range and performance of their   _/
_/		   applications;				  _/
_/		 o Hands-on experience in molecular modeling      _/
_/		 o Graphical Analysis of results;                 _/
_/		 o Visualization and animation of structures and  _/
_/		   reactions. 					  _/
_/							          _/
_/ Schedule:	September Workshop: Sept. 6-8, 1995               _/
_/              October Workshop:   Oct. 11-13, 1995              _/
_/              November Workshop:  Nov. 8-10, 1995               _/
_/								  _/
_/ Instructors: Lecture Section - Prof. Warren J. Hehre		  _/
_/              Lab Section     - Dr. Wayne Huang		  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Location:    Wavefunction, Inc. Irvine, California, USA	  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Textbooks:   o "Short Course in Modern Electronic Structure    _/
_/                 Theory", Warren Hehre, 1995.                   _/
_/              o "Chemistry with Computation", Warren Hehre and  _/
_/		   Wayne Huang, 1995.				  _/
_/		o "Experiments in Computational Organic Chemistry"_/
_/		   Lonnie Burke, Alan Shusterman, William Pietro  _/
_/		   Warren Hehre, 1993.				  _/
_/		o "Practical Strategies for Electronic Structure  _/
_/		   Calculations", Warren Hehre, 1995.		  _/
_/		o "CD-ROM: Visualization of Chemical Structures   _/
_/		   Reactions", Thomas Hehre, Lonnie Burke,        _/
_/		   Wayne Huang & Warren Hehre, 1995.		  _/
_/		   						  _/
_/ Fee:         $1000 (50% off for academics, $500), which        _/
_/		includes course registration, four computational  _/
_/		textbooks and animated CD-ROM, all breakfasts and _/
_/		lunches.  			                  _/
_/								  _/
_/ Information: Workshop Web Page:http://wavefun.com/workshop.html_/
_/		or contact Wayne Huang for further information    _/
_/		including detailed brochure and course curriculum._/
_/              Tel: (714)955-2120 Fax: (714)955-2118	          _/
_/              E-mail: [email-masked]		          _/
_/							          _/
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

This workshop is also available on site upon request, although the
format could be varied. Please contact us for more information. We
have been providing these monthly workshops in house and on-site
around the world for the past three years. Special thanks to
participants and people who have helped to organize and support
the workshops in the past.

"What I hear I forget; What I see I remember; What I do I know."

						-- Chinese Proverb

-- 

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
|  Wayne Huang, Ph.D.    |  /--- ----\  /---/ ---\ ----- /---/ /|   / |
|  Computational Chemist |  \    /   / /   / /   /  /   /   / / |  /  |
|  Wavefunction, Inc.    |   \  /---/ /---/ /---/  /   /---/ /  | /   |
|  [email-masked]     |---/ /     /   / /   \  /   /   / /   |/    |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Wavefunction, Inc., 18401 Von Karman, Suite 370,  Irvine,  Ca 92715 |
| Telephone: (714)955-2120     Fax: (714)955-2118  http://wavefun.com |
+---------------------------------------------------------------------+