Subject: Problem w/ FTP'd ISIS/Draw

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 08:13:11 +0200 (MEST)

Dear Colleagues;

     I recently downloaded ISIS/Draw version 1.2 for Windows from an FTP site:

      FTP: ftp.demon.co.uk  //pub/ibmpc/windows/isis/draw12w.exe

When I tried to install in on a PC, the installation proceeded until it reached
a file called "reactant.skc", which the computer was unable to open.

     I downloaded draw12w.exe again from the same site and tried to install it
on a different PC, but the same thing happened: the computer was unable to open
"reactant.skc".

     Has anyone else had this or a related experience with the programme
draw12w.exe downloaded from the aforementioned FTP site?  Is this freeware ver-
sion of ISIS/Draw for Windows somehow disabled by the manufacturer?  I would
appreciate hearing from MDLI in particular on this last point.

     Thanks in advance to all responders.

Sincerely,

S. Shapiro
ZH
[email-masked]

---

From: Craig Wilson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 95 11:49:05 BST

>      Thanks in advance to all responders.
 
I also expreienced the same problems when I downloaded ISIS. However, I have
discovered the solution. After executing draw12w.exe, you MUST run the file
INSTALL.BAT ** before ** you run SETUP.EXE. The install file will create
various directories, and reactant.skc and all the subsequent .skc files will be
found by the setup program.

Good luck,

Craig
--
*******************************************************************************
* Craig Wilson                              e-mail: [email-masked]   *
* Dept. of Chemistry                                                          *
* University of Warwick                                                       *
* COVENTRY                           Phone:    01203-523523 ext. 2541   (UK)  *
* CV4 7AL                                                                     * 
* England, UK.                    "This isn't a soap opera - it's real life!" *
*******************************************************************************