Subject: Srand and rand

From: "G. Ravishanker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 21:18:30 -0400

Hi

	I am using the following template in my program (XL Fortran on
AIX) 

		iseed = 12357
		call srand(iseed)

		do i=1,n
		  a(i) = rand()
		end do

	I have been unable to find a way to extract the random number seed
at the end, so in case I want to checkpoint my calculation for
continuation at a later point I can use that seed to reset the random
number generator. Any ideas on how to get this accomplished? Thanks in
advance.

Ravi

-- 
****************************************************************************
* Ganesan Ravishanker			Ph: (203) 685-2104                 *
* Coordinator of Scientific Computing,  Fax:(203) 685-2211                 *
* Adjunct Associate Professor(Dept. of Chem.)                              *
* Wesleyan University               e-mail:[email-masked]  *
* Middletown, CT 06459.                                                    *
****************************************************************************