Subject: molecular electric properties

From: [email-masked] (Johannes Richardi)
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 95 10:23:01 +0100

Dear Netters,

For the calculation of liquid structures we need an exact
description of the electrostatic properties of molecules.

Therefore we are looking for programs able to calculate 
electrostatic properties of organic molecules using BOND CHARGES,
BOND DIPOLES and BOND POLARIZABILITIES.

Does anybody out there know programs useful for this task ?

Do programs exist which optimize the bond parameters for given 
multipoles and static polarizabilities ? 

Any hints to literature or comments concerning this subject are 
welcomed.

We will post the summary of the responses if there would be any.

Johannes Richardi and Pascal Fries

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Institut fuer Physikalische und Theoretische Chemie
- Lehrstuhl Prof. Barthel -            Tel.:  (+49) 941 943-4743
Universitaet Regensburg                Fax.:  (+49) 941 943-4488
Universitaetsstrasse 31
D-93053 Regensburg
Deutschland / Germany
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
EMail (SMTP):  [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 CHARLIE BROWN -- WHICH DO YOU THINK LASTS LONGER IN LIFE, 
                  THE GOOD THINGS OR THE BAD THINGS?
 LINUS --         GOOD THINGS LAST EIGHT SECONDS ..
                  BAD THINGS LAST THREE WEEKS
 CHARLIE BROWN -- WHAT ABOUT IN BETWEEN?
 SNOOPY --        IN BETWEEN YOU SHOULD TAKE A NAP ...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------