Subject: modelling of carbohydrates

From: Kerry Reimer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 09:46:59 -0700 (PDT)

R. Stuike-Prill and B. Meyer developed a program to do this sort of
calculation using Monte Carlo type calculations.  The reference to this
paper is:

Stuike-Prill, R. and Meyer, B. A new force-field program for
the calculation of glycopeptides and its application to a
heptacosapeptide-decasaccharide of immynoglobulin G1. Eur.J.Biochem. 
194:903-919, 1990. 
 
Some other work that has been done that I am aware of follows:

Stuike-Prill, R. and Meyer, B. A new force-field program for the
calculation of glycopeptides and its application to a
heptacosapeptide-decasaccharide of immynoglobulin G1. Eur.J.Biochem. 
194:903-919, 1990. 

Poppe, L., Stuike-Prill, R., Meyer, B., and van Halbeek, H. The
solution conformation of sialyl-a(2-6)-lactose studied by modern NMR
techniques and Monte Carlo simulations. J.Biomolecular NMR 2:109-136,
1992.

Pollexkruger, A., Meyer, B., Stuikeprill, R., Sinnwell, V., Matta,
K.L., and Brockhausen, I. Preferred Conformations and Dynamics of Five
Core Structures of Mucin Type O-Glycans Determined by NMR Spectroscopy and
Force Field Calculations. Glycoconjugate J. 10:365-380, 1993. 

Hope this is of some help to You.

Kerry

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Kerry Reimer 					Phone:  604-960-6675 
Chemistry Department				 FAX:  604-960-5545
University of Northern B.C.			E-Mail:  [email-masked] 
3333 University Way
Prince George, British Columbia CANADA, V2N 4Z9
----------------------------------------------------------------------