Subject: Computational Molecular Biology Workshop

From: Iosif Vaisman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 13:26:55 -0400 (EDT)

CAROLINA WORKSHOPS
Computational Molecular Biology

October 22 -- October 27, 1995

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course is designed for scientists with limited prior experience in
computational molecular biology.  The topics to be covered include:
biomolecular informatics and computer networks, protein and nucleic acid 
databases, protein and nucleic acid sequence analysis and alignment, 3D 
protein structure analysis and prediction, molecular modeling and dynamic 
simulations of proteins and nucleic acids, and structure-based drug design.  
The workshop will consist of the in-depth theoretical lectures and intensive 
hands-on laboratory sessions. The course will be taught at the training 
facility of the North Carolina Supercomputing Center, Research Triangle Park, 
North Carolina.

CAROLINA WORKSHOPS are intensive hands-on courses designed to teach
cutting edge methods in molecular biology and biotechnology.  Four or five
courses on different topics in molecular biology and/or biotechnology are
offered each year. The courses are designed for novice students as well as
for individuals with prior experience.  All students benefit from in-depth
interaction with instructors.

To apply, send a curriculum vitae and a brief letter describing your
research interests and their relevance to the Workshop.  Applicants should
contact the program office as soon as possible.  Please indicate your
complete mailing address and telephone/fax number.

Application Deadline-September 7, 1995. Tuition - $ 1,200.00.  
Participation is limited to 15 people, please apply early.

COURSE DIRECTOR:
Alexander Tropsha, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

INSTRUCTORS:
Frank K. Brown (Glaxo-Wellcome)		Wayne Litaker (UNC-Chapel Hill)
Michael Mitchell (Becton-Dickinson)	David C. Richardson (Duke University)
Alexander Tropsha (UNC-Chapel Hill)	Iosif Vaisman (UNC-Chapel Hill)

For further information or to apply, contact:
Dr. Wayne Litaker, Facility Director
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Program in Molecular Biology & Biotechnology
402 Taylor Hall,  CB 7100 
Chapel Hill, North Carolina  27599-7100
TELEPHONE (919) 966-1730,  FAX (919) 966-6821
Email Address: [email-masked]