Subject: Summary electronegativity

From: Andreas Goeller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 95 16:07:59 METDST

Hello netters,

thanks very much for the informative news about group electronegativities.
I summarize it in this mail:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>I'm searching for values of electronegativities for some functional groups.
>I'm doing investigations concerning EN vs. bond lenth etc. The ligands in the
>systems are
>
>	F OH Cl NH2 Br I CH3 H
>This would be the "right" order, if you take into account only the EN of 
>the atoms. Some other suggestions or literature?
>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I also found some references:

**L. Pauling, The nature of the chemical bond, 3rd ed., Cornell Univ. Press
	Ithaka, NY 1960.
**R.S. Mulliken, J. Chem Phys 2 (1934) 782
**R.S. Mulliken, J. Chem Phys 3 (1935) 573
**A.L.Allred, E.R. Rochow, J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem. 5 (1958) 264
**W. Gordy, Phys Rev 69 (1946) 604.

********************************************************************