Subject: mopac93R2 compiling response summary

From: [email-masked] (Rick Ross)
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 95 05:13:40 PDT

Hi Folks,
   Below is a summary of responses to the MOPAC93 Release 2 question I posted
yesterday.

***************  The question again:

I was wondering if anyone has been successful in compiling, linking, and
running MOPAC93R2 on SGI workstations.  With the help of some             
other folks (thanks!) I have been able to compile and link the program.
However, when I run the program (for ethylene for example), instead of
getting numbers for heats of fomration, etc., I get "nan".

*************Summary of responses:

I received sevenral responses including a makefile and offers to help me
debug mine (thanks!).  Several folks also suggested I check 
to make sure I am compiling
with the -static option.  The -static option turned out to be the key.
Turns out that I had a few subroutines not being compiled with the option
which caused the difficulties.

Thanks to the CCL and in particular

Ken Fountain
Jon Erickson
John M. McKelvey
Georg Ostertag
William A. Wylie
Ralph J. Wolf
Victor M. Rosas Garcia
Luke Anthony Burke
Dr. Satyam Priyadarshy

Thanks again and With best regards,
Rick Ross