Subject: Academic Chemistry Employment Clearighouse

From: [email-masked] (Steven Bachrach)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 95 07:56:51 -0500

With the acadmeic year just about opun us once again, I would like to
remind everyone about the Academic Chemistry Employment Clearighouse
that we run on the Northern Illinois University Chemistry WWW Site.
This site lists job ads for chemists in the academic community. Jobs
may be submitted at no cost, and are listed for 45 days. Please feel
free to visit the site. You can access the NIU Chemistry WWW site at URL

http://hackberry.chem.niu.edu

Below are the instructions for submitting an ad to the service.

Finally, we do have plans to open the service up to commercial
employment opportunities as well in the near future. Stay tuned...

Thanks,

Steve

*****************************************************
On-Line Academic Chemistry Employment Clearinghouse

Sponsored by the Northern Illinois University Chemistry Web Site

With the increasing difficulty in locating employment in the chemistry 
community, we wish to announce a new facility to aid in the search for 
jobs in the academic chemical community. The Northern Illinois University 
Chemistry Gopher and Web sites, sponsored by a pilot grant from the 
Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation, is now operating an academic 
employment clearinghouse on the Internet. Access to this clearinghouse is 
open to all, without charge, using the gopher or world-wide web navigation 
systems. This service will list employment opportunities in the chemical 
academic community, including jobs at the professor, instructor, post-
doctoral, and graduate research assistant levels. Employment opportunities 
will be broken down into five categories (disciplines): analytical, 
inorganic, organic and physical chemistry and biochemistry. 

How to access the Clearinghouse

To access the clearinghouse, you must have Internet access and either a 
gopher or web client. Access via gopher can be obtained by pointing your 
gopher client at hackberry.chem.niu.edu port 70. Access via the web is 
through URL: http://hackberry.chem.niu.edu/ 

How to Submit an Entry to the Clearinghouse

Submission of a job listing is accomplished by electronic mail. The ad must 
be sent to

     [email-masked]

and the Subject: line must have the following format

     Subject: discipline institution name

where discipline is ANALYTICAL, BIOCHEM, INORGANIC, ORGANIC, or
PHYSICAL (note that these terms do not have to been in caps) and the 
institution name is whatever name you wish to use as the heading of your 
listing. An example subject line is: 

     Subject: organic StarFleet Academy - Assistant Professor

The listings will be ordered alphabetically by institution name. The body 
of the message is format free and you may include as much detailed 
information you wish.Keep in mind that while this service is offered at 
NO CHARGE, very long files can lead to problems with maintenance of the 
service. An institution may submit more than one ad. Institutions are 
encouraged to place separate entries for every position offered. Listings 
will be maintained for 45 days and then automatically deleted. Once the file 
is deleted, feel free to resubmit the ad if the position is not yet filled. 
Once a listing is received, a return message will be sent to confirm the 
transmission. Entries will be added to the directories at midnight (CST) 
every day. 

*****************************************
Steven Bachrach				
Department of Chemistry
Northern Illinois University
DeKalb, Il 60115			Phone: (815)753-6863
[email-masked]			Fax:   (815)753-4802