Subject: Re: CCL:Acronyms for programs

From: [email-masked] (Randy Zauhar)
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 1995 15:29:20 -0500

Dear CCLers,

       Although I THOUGHT my original post was clearly worded,
  it has already been misinterpreted by several people. Here are the 
  facts:

     1) I have nothing to do with EITHER of the MOLGEN programs!

     2) I was simply commenting on what I perceived to be the 
        overreaction of a MOLGEN author to the fact that someone
        else used the same name for their program. 

     3) I wrote this communication ONLY because I have been in the 
        similar position of having invented an acronym for a program,
        only to discover that someone else also used it.

     4) My employer, Tripos, Inc., knows NOTHING about a program 
        called MOLGEN.

     5) I have NO lawyers in my employ!

      I usually respond only to the authors of communications, not to
  the whole list, and should have followed that policy here!!!

     Sorry for the confusion,

     Randy

All opinions expressed here are mine, not my employer's

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// 
\\ Randy J. Zauhar, PhD             | E-mail: [email-masked]        //
\\ Tripos, Inc.                     |       : [email-masked]           //
\\ 1699 S. Hanley Rd., Suite 303    |  Phone: (314) 647-1099 Ext. 3382 //
\\ St. Louis, MO 63144              |                                  //
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
**                                                                     **
**  "If you have conceptions of things that you can have no conception **
**   of, then the conception and the thing appear to co-incide."       **
**   --- C.G. Jung                                                     **
*************************************************************************