Subject: Re: CCL:New chemistry related WWW sites

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 95 12:19:59 +0200

In the announcement cited above, a program MOLGEN was advertised.
We have, however, been developing a molecular structure generator
called MOLGEN at least since 1992. So we were a little astonished
about this announcement. To use this name, we would have preferred
to be informed first before presenting it to the public.

There is another modelling (or probably the same?) program with that
name, usually distributed by J.E. Slone from George Mellon University, VA.
In negotiations with Dr. Slone we came to the agreement that he will
change the name of his program in its upcoming next release.

We don't want to get into judical trials, but we insist on the name
of our product MOLGEN:
   http://btm2xd.mat.uni-bayreuth.de/molgen

Besides that, I announced our MOLGEN only a few months ago in this list
and would have appreciated if Dr. van der Valk had looked up there first.

Best regards,
in the name of the MOLGEN crew

Thomas Wieland               +---------------+
Dipl. Math.                  |+----    +----+|
Lehrstuhl II f. Mathematik   |\    \   |    ||
Universitaet Bayreuth        | \    \  |    ||
                             |  \    \ |    ||
95440 Bayreuth               |   \    \\    ||
Germany                      |    \    \\   ||
Tel. +49 (921) 553386        |     \     \\ ||
Fax  +49 (921) 553385        |      \-------||
                             +---------------+