Subject: ACS Symposium on Monte Carlo methods

From: [email-masked] (Brian Hammond)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 95 17:39:32 PDT

SYMPOSIUM ANNOUNCEMENT AND CALL FOR PAPERS

	Monte Carlo Methods in Chemistry

	211'th American Chemical Society National Meeting
	New Orleans
	March 24-29, 1996

Purpose:  This symposium will focus on the use of Monte Carlo in all
          of computational chemistry. There will be sessions on 
          Monte Carlo in classical dynamics, statistical mechanics,
          and quantum mechanics, both in theory and applications.

Sponsor:  The Computers in Chemistry Division of the American Chemical 
          Society.  

Program:  Sunday, March 3, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
	  Monte Carlo methods for Quantum Systems

	  Sunday, March 3, 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
	  Monte Carlo methods in Classical Mechanics

	  Monday, March 4, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
	  Monte Carlo methods, general (optimization, etc.)

Format:	  There will be six 30 minute talks in each session for a 
	  total of 18 talks. All other contributions will be put 
	  into the poster sessions. Oral presentations are on a 
	  first-come-first-served basis.

Deadline: All abstracts must be submitted to me no later than October 1,
	  1995. Please send me e-mail a.s.a.p if you wish to give an
	  oral presentation. Those people who have already indicated
	  that they will definitely come just need to send me the ACS
	  abstract form. Those who have contacted me, but did not state
	  definitely that they wish to be on the program, please send 
	  e-mail to confirm whether or not you are coming.

Abstracts: All abstracts must be submitted on an OFFICIAL ACS abstract
	  form. If you don't have one, contact me or you can get sent to
	  you from the ACS web site, www.acs.org.

======================================================================== 
Brian L. Hammond                 _/_/_/_/    _/_/_/    _/_/_/_/_/   
Computational Research Div.     _/        _/      _/      _/
Fujitsu America, Inc.          _/_/_/    _/_/_/_/_/      _/
3055 Orchard Drive            _/        _/      _/      _/
San Jose, CA  95134          _/        _/      _/  _/_/_/_/_/
Tel: (408) 456-7322
Fax: (408) 456-7071
Email: [email-masked]