Subject: Seeking reviews on simulated annealing

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 13:11:09 +0200 (MEST)

Dear Colleagues;

     I would be grateful to receive suggestions for review articles on the sub-
ject of simulated annealing in general and the application of simulated anneal-
ing to searching of conformational space and the identification of global mini-
mal energy conformers in particular.  Since I am new to this field, I would ap-
preciate learning of "introductory" reviews that are not necessarily too, TOO
mathematical, but which are highly descriptive.

     Thanks in advance to all responders.

Sincerely,

S. Shapiro
Inst. f. orale Mikrobiol. u. allg. Immunol.
Zent. f. Zahn-, Mund- u. Kieferheilkd. der Univ. ZH
Plattenstr. 11
Postfach
CH-8028 ZH 7

Internet: [email-masked]
FAX-nr: ( ... + 1) 261'56'83

---

From: [email-masked] (Teerakiat Kerdcharoen)
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 19:21:07 +0200 (DFT)

Hi!,
	Although this is not a direct recourse to simulated
annealing, it shares some interest. Hope you enjoy it.

	M. C. Payne. M. P. Teter, D. C. Allan, T. A. Arias and J. D.
        Joannopoulos, "Iterative Minimization Techniques for Ab Initio
        Total-energy Calculations: Molecular Dynamics and Conjugate
        Gradients", Rev. Mod. Phys. 64: 1045-1097 (1992).

						bye,
						Teerakiat
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teerakiat Kerdcharoen
E-mail:                  [email-masked] (University of Innsbruck)
Homepage:                http://www-c724.uibk.ac.at/noy/       
Phone:                   (43)(512) 507-5163 (office)
Research & Interest:     Computer Assisted Molecular Design, Nanotechnology 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------