Subject: Chemical Markup Language

From: [email-masked] (Rzepa,Henry)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 1995 10:13:03 +0000

Chemical Markup Language

At the recent ACS meeting, during the Infobahn session on August 21,
 we announced the "CML" project as a submitted poster.
'Chemical Markup Language' is an SGML dtd which
represents a collaborative approach to
tackling some of the problems of the interchange of chemical
information over the Internet and other networks.  For details,
connect to
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/cml/

Currently, CML is running at version 0.6, and we expect the first
production version to run at version 1.0. You will realise therefore
that this project is still at its early stages. However, in the spirit of
the Internet, we hope that this project will grow as a collaborative
effort across the world, much in the way that the Web itself grew,
and in the way that the closely related HTML language itself is
evolving.  If you are interested in contributing,
use the "comment form" built into the poster, or take a look
at http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/chemime/
for earlier discussions.

Dr Henry Rzepa,  Department of Chemistry,  Imperial College,  LONDON SW7 2AY;
[email-masked] via Eudora Pro 2.1.3; Tel  (44) 171 594 5774; Fax: (44) 171
594 5804.
World-Wide Web URL: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html