Subject: Request for multipole expansion codes

From: Eric Schwegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 13:55:49 -0500 (CDT)

Dear CCLers,

I have developed new algorithms for computing the Cartesian 
multipole tensor  (CPL, 67 {\bf 241} 1995**) and now I would like 
to compare how fast (or slow) they are relative to methods based on 
spherical tensor theory.  So I was wondering if anyone might have 
some spherical harmonic code lying around that I could use for 
benchmark calculations?  

In particular I am looking for something written in Fortran for 
either vector or RISC computers. I am mainly interested in the 
generation of the interaction tensor to arbitrary order but I 
am also interested in the contraction of the tensor with a moment. 
Does anyone have something of this nature that I could have, or would
any of you be willing to send me benchmark results?

Thanks in advance,
Eric Schwegler
[email-masked]

** Several typo's managed to find there way into this letter, if
   you send me a request by e-mail I will give a typo-free version.