Subject: Postdoctoral Position(s)

From: BILL WELSH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 1995 15:50:48 -0500 (CDT)

Applications are invited for one and possibly two postdoctoral positions in 
several specific areas of computational chemistry: 
(1) computer-aided polymer design with emphasis on mechanical and NLO 
    properties and on permeability of gases and/or water in polymers.
(2) chemometrics including neural networks, QSAR, and multivariate regression;
(3) applications of protein biomimetics as surface-active and/or 
    interface-active agents (e.g., corrosion inhibitors);
(4) applications 3-D QSAR techniques (e.g., CoMFA) and related methods.

Topics 1 and 3 are of highest priority. For Topic #1, facility with the 
Cerius_2 Polymer and Mechanical Properties modules is a big plus.  For 
all Topics, facility with Sybyl (e.g., CoMFA), Insight/Discover, and Cerius_2 
is a plus.  Good oral and written communication skills in English are 
mandatory. These positions offer excellent opportunities to interact and 
publish within a dynamic and multi-project research team, so good "people 
skills" is a must.  Excellent hardware/software facilities are available.  
Send cover letter, complete vita, list of publications, and 
the names of 3 references to:  Prof. William J. Welsh, Department of 
Chemistry & Center for Molecular Electronics, University of Missouri-St. Louis, 
St. Louis, MO 63121.  Applications will be accepted until the positions are 
filled.  The position(s) will open on or around November 1, 1995. Funding for 
these positions is available for one year with good prospects for multiple 
years.