Subject: Life Science Computing Coordinator position at Wesleyan

From: "G. Ravishanker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 16:02:26 -0400

Here is the job advertisement for a regional computing coordinator
position. If you are interested, please reply to the address provided and
not to me. Thanks.

Ravi
****************************************************************************
* Ganesan Ravishanker			Ph: (203) 685-2104                 *
* Coordinator of Scientific Computing,  Fax:(203) 685-2211                 *
* Adjunct Associate Professor(Dept. of Chem.)                              *
* Wesleyan University               e-mail:[email-masked]  *
* Middletown, CT 06459.                                                    *
****************************************************************************

                LIFE SCIENCE COMPUTING COORDINATOR

Provide information technology support for the faculty, staff, and students
in the Departments of Biology, Chemistry, and Molecular Biology and
Biochemistry, and the Molecular Biophysics Program.  Reporting to
Information Technology Services, and working with a faculty advisory
committee, provide personal computer instruction; manage Novell network
client resources; program; solve hardware and software problems; participate
in software and data acquisition; evaluate and install software; manage
budgets; and participate in long range planning.  Also work with a team of
coordinators supporting other disciplines to develop a common campus
technology environment.

Bachelor's degree, relevant experience, and a detailed understanding of
Macintosh and PC/Windows operating systems and applications, including
word-processing, spreadsheet, and database required.  Experience with Life
Science applications such as molecular modeling, sequence analysis, and
Mathematica desirable.  Advanced degree in a computer-related field preferred.

Please send letter of interest and resume to:  Wesleyan University, Life
Science Computing Coordinator Search, Human Resources, 70 Wyllys Avenue,
Middletown, Connecticut 06459-0418.  An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer, M/F/D/V.