Subject: Galaxy-2.0 Announcement

From: [email-masked] (DR ARUP K GHOSE)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 1995 11:39:16 EDT

AM Technologies Inc. announces the release of the program Galaxy 
Version 2.0: A general purpose molecular modeling and drug design 
package for Silicon Graphics and IBM workstations. 

The important features of this package include:  
1. State of the art X-windows motif based menu panels.
2. Elegant 2D and 3D molecule builders.
3. An innovative 2D -> 3D converter to generate a low energy 
conformation; excellent for database conversion.  .
4. Local  or global physicochemical property calculations for organic 

molecules at the touch of a button (logP, molar refractivity, 
molecular
polarizability, electron affinity, ionization potential, 13 such 
properties).
5. An elaborate molecular mechanics with cutting edge conformational 

analysis tools to handle even a relatively large organic molecule. It 

successfully combined the MM2 and AMBER forced fields to serve both 
small and macromolecules. 
6. A novel 3D-QSAR methodology having  many advantages over other 
commercially available methods.
7. An automated conventional QSAR for databases.
9. Its innovative 3D-structure/property database technology is 
perfect for 
combinatorial library analysis.  The search functionalities include 
substructure, 3D-pharmacophore, title, property and many more. An 
easy 
analysis of hits by prioritizing them using various functions of 
physicochemical properties to get similar or diverse compounds of 
interest.
10. Interfaces to various MO programs.
11. Molecular Dynamics for macromolecules in various organic solvents.

12. Fully automated Free Energy Perturbation method for computing 
free 
energy differences.
13. Combined quantum and molecular mechanical methods for a better 
understanding of the ligand-macromolecule interaction.
14.  An open user interface for an easy integration of external 
programs.

Coming soon, an automated 3D-QSAR for 3D-databases; an automated 
combinatorial library builder.
 
For more information contact: AM Technologies Inc., 
210-677-8200/610-648-3854; e-mail [email-masked]