Subject: Re: Side-chain conformation data bank

From: Iosif Vaisman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 19:02:42 -0400 (EDT)

> I am looking for a bank of side chain conformations.
> Can anyone help me with that?

> Thank-you very much,
> Naomi Siew
> [email-masked]

Roland Dunbrack's backbone-dependent rotamer library is available at 
http://www.cmpharm.ucsf.edu/public/resources.html

   The backbone-dependent rotamer library and a program for its use provide 
a fast means of predicting sidechain conformation from backbone phi and psi 
values. These methods can be used for homology modeling and structure 
refinement by x-ray and NMR.

  References: 
R. L. Dunbrack Jr. and M. Karplus. "Backbone-dependent Rotamer Library 
for Proteins: Application to Side-chain prediction." J. Mol. Biol. vol. 
230, 543-574 (1993).

R. L. Dunbrack Jr. and M. Karplus. "Conformational analysis of the
backbone-dependent rotamer preferences of protein sidechains." Nature 
Structural Biology, 1, 334-340 (1994).

Iosif Vaisman
UNC - Chapel Hill