Subject: Re: CCL:CCL:Java chemistry applets?

From: Kris Boulez <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 1995 08:55:59 +0200 (MDT)

On Wed, 6 Sep 1995, Wolf-Dietrich Ihlenfeldt wrote:

> 
> On Sep 6, 10:06, Hinsen Konrad wrote:
> > Subject: CCL:Java chemistry applets?
> >
	[ part about Java deleted ]
	[ part about Python deleted ]
	[ part about E (prononounced awe) deleted ]
	[ part about tcl/tk deleted ]

  To add one more language : Perl. It's used in the big majority off CGI 
scripts on the WWW and is a great general programming language. There is 
a beta-version of safe-perl and work is underway for a perl/tk browser. 
For a comparison of perl versus the abovementioned languages look at 
ftp://ftp.perl.com/pub/perl/versus/ 
  This is just to show that there are more (and much more widely used) 
languages around. So I think the suggestion of Henry Rzepa to use a 
stand-alone program (Rasmol is great software and free) for molecular 
visualisation is the way to go.

Kris,
----
Kris Boulez		([email-masked])
Biomolecular NMR unit	<http://bionmr1.rug.ac.be/~kris>
University of Ghent, Belgium