Subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: HyperChem Workshop

From: Dragan Vuckovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 1995 18:44:44 -0400 (EDT)

ANNOUNCEMENT:

              Hypercube, Inc.  presents an Introductory

             HyperChem Workshop on Computational Chemistry

                           November 3-5, 1995
                          University of Guelph
                         Guelph, Ontario, Canada

HyperChem is like any other powerful tool: the more you know about it, the 
more you get out of working with it.  For those who wish to learn more 
about the methods of molecular modeling and computational chemistry, 
about the ways of working with HyperChem, and about the range of 
problems you can now tackle on a PC, Hypercube, Inc. (the developers of 
HyperChem) offer an intensive three-day introductory workshop on 
molecular modeling with HyperChem.  
The workshop is pragmatic and application-oriented and makes no 
assumption of previous computational chemistry experience.

Workshop Objectives
The workshop will introduce you to techniques for working efficiently with 
HyperChem, provide a pragmatic user's guide to the scientific methods 
behind HyperChem, and include many hands-on exercises based on 
practical molecular modeling  problems.

Workshop Outline

Day 1.	Morning:  	Overview of Computational Chemistry 
			Techniques;
			HyperChem Graphical Interface
	Afternoon:	Molecular Mechanics Methods
			Laboratory session

Day 2.	Morning: 	Approximate and Semiempirical 	
			Molecular Orbital Methods;
			Ab initio Molecular Orbital Methods
	Afternoon:	Frontier Orbital Theory: Examining 
			Molecular Reactivity;
			Laboratory session

Day 3.	Morning:	Molecular Dynamics;
			Molecular Spectroscopy;
			QSAR/Group Contribution Methods
	Afternoon:	Laboratory session (optional)

Costs and Venue

The cost for the three-day course is $895 US (Academic and Government 
discount price is $ 695 US). For early registration (before October 20) the 
price is $ 795 US ( $ 595 US - academic). A limited number of special 
student discount fees at $ 295 US is available.  This covers the cost of 
course materials, coffee, lunches and banquet dinner, and a PC to work on 
for the duration of the course (each participant will have their own 
machine). The number of participants is limited, so that extensive 
interaction with the workshop instructors is possible.  Bring your own 
problems to work on during the course!
The course will be held at the University of Guelph (O.V.C. Computer Lab, 
Room 2500), Guelph, Ontario, Canada. Reasonably-priced hotel 
accommodation is reserved for you at College Inn (on campus) should you 
wish. Also, please note if you are disabled or if there are any special food 
requirements.

Workshop Instructors

Dr. Neil S. Ostlund, Hypercube, Inc., Waterloo, Ont. Canada.
Dr. Kenneth J. Tupper, Applied Research Corporation, Landover, MD USA
Dr. Dragan Lj. Vuckovic, Hypercube, Inc., Waterloo, Ont. Canada.

Registration

To register for the course, please complete the form and return as soon as 
possible  to:

Dr. Dragan Lj. Vuckovic
Hypercube, Inc.
Unit 7, 419 Phillip Street
Waterloo, Ont.
Canada N2L 3X2

e-mail: [email-masked]
Tel. (519) 725-4040
Fax: (519) 725-5193

                   REGISTRATION FORM

       HyperChem Workshop on Computational Chemistry
                 Guelph, Ontario, Canada
                    November 3-5, 1995

Please reserve ____  spaces for the above workshop.

NAME ______________________________________________________

ORGANIZATION ______________________________________________

POSITION __________________________________________________

ADDRESS FOR CORRESPONDENCE
____________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________

TEL. ____________ FAX  _____________ E-MAIL _________________

Fees payable in advance:

I enclose a check for  $__________ US

Please make your check payable to Hypercube, Inc.

Please invoice me:      Purchase Order Number __________________

VISA Card No: ____________________________  Exp. Date: _________

Cardholder: ________________________________

SIGNATURE ______________________ DATE ___________________   

*Cancellation: If a participant cancels on or before October 27 (a week 
before the workshop),  50% of the workshop fee will be refunded. There 
will be no refunds for cancellations received after October 27, 1995.  

___________________________________________________________________

Dr. Dragan Lj. Vuckovic               phone: (519) 725-4040 
International Marketing Manager         fax: (519) 725-5193
Hypercube, Inc.                      e-mail: [email-masked]
419 Phillip Street                      URL: http://www.hyper.com
Waterloo, Ontario
Canada, N2L 3X2