Subject: Re: CCL:Formats of binary CHARMM files

From: [email-masked] (Willem Paul van Hoorn)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 13:02:46 +0100 (MET)

> 
> 
> Dear Netters,
> 
> I need to read some binary files created with CHARMM. Could someone tell me
> the formats of *.CRD, *.DCD and *.DVL files.
> I would also appreciate any reference to existing programs that convert the
> CHARMM binary files to ACSII.
> 

The CHARMM manuals can be found at:
http://www.ki.si/charmm/charmm.html

The .CRD format is described under 'io.doc'. Normally this is an ascii file.
As far as I remember binary files are machine dependent (at least the DCD
and DVL files are).  I don't know whether the other formats are described 
in these manuals.  I remember that I have seen some description of these
file formats, but maybe it was in the Quanta manuals.
The CHARMM programs itself can convert binary files to ascii.

Hope this helps,

Willem Paul.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 (ir) Willem Paul van Hoorn      
 
 University of Twente                   e-mail: [email-masked] 
 Laboratory of Organic Chemistry        phone : (+31)53-892955
 P.O. Box 217                                   (+31)53-892980
 7500 AE  Enschede, The Netherlands     fax   : (+31)53-312738
----------------------------------------------------------------------