Subject: Diffuse functions for TM's in GAMESS

From: Steve Bennett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 15:46:29 -0400 (EDT)

I am looking for exponents for diffuse sp (L) functions to add to
TM's (specifically V-Co) in an effort to better model anionic systems. 
Using the DIFFSP flag works fine for main group atoms, but there are no
default values incorporated for TM's.  Does anyone have any references or 
possible ideas?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Steven D. Bennett
University of Delaware                  Department of Chemistry
304A Drake Hall                         (302) 831-8720
[email-masked]            (302) 737-8485
http://www.udel.edu/arcade/steves.html

"Inorganic chemists are the cowboys of chemistry.  They don't like to be
confined to any corner of the periodic table...For them, adventure is
discovering new reactions,new structures, and new bonding modes, regardless of
which elements are involved."  R. Dagini (C&E News)

"Although the answer is not unknown, I'm searchin', searchin, and how
I've grown; It's not all right to say goodbye, and the world on a string
doesn't mean a thing"                     Neil Young