Subject: Future Programming for COMP

From: George R Famini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 12:46:52 EDT

As promised several weeks ago, below is the future symposium
planned for the Division of Computers in Chemistry of the ACS.
If you are interested in partcipating in one or more of
the symposia, I would suggest you contact the organizer(s).
If you are interested in organizing a symposium for
Dallas or later (that's sp 98 or after), please contact
me, and I will be happy to discuss the prospects with you.

				George Famini
				COMP Program Chair

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
Orlando Meeting, August 18-23, 1996

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood 
Research, Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, 
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  
(410)671-5373; email:  [email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract 
Form) are due by April 19, 1996 to respective session or 
symposium chairpersons.

  The Human Genome - Dr. Michael N. Liebman, Vysis, 
Inc, 3100 Woodcreek Dr, Downers Grove, IL, 60515; voice:  
(708)271-7190;  fax:  (708)271-7008;  email:  
[email-masked].
	
  De Novo Drug Design - Dr. Mark A. Murcko, Vertex 
Pharmaceuticals Inc., 40 Alston St., Cambridge, MA 
02139; voice:  617-576-3111; fax:  617-576-2109; email:  
[email-masked].
	
  Atmospheric Modeling - Dr. Amram Golombek, Israel 
Institute for Biological Research, Box 19, 70450 Ness-
Ziona, ISRAEL; phone:  (972)8-381656; fax:  (972)8-
401404; email:  [email-masked].
	
  Elucidation of Organic Mechanisms by Ab Initio 
Methods - Dr. Jeffrey Evanseck, University of Miami, 
Department of Chemistry, 1301 Memorial Drive, Coral 
Gables, FL 33124; voice:  (305)284-2194; fax:  (305)284-
2174; email:  [email-masked].
	
  Molecular Dynamics and Free Energy Pertubation 
Methods - Dr. Alexander Tropsha, Director, Laboratory 
for Molecular Modeling, CB #7360, Beard Hall, School of 
Pharmacy, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 
27599; voice:  (919)966-2955; fax: (919)966-6919; email: 
tropsha@gibbs. oit.unc.edu  .
 
  Verification and Validation of Molecular Modeling 
Algorithms -Dr. Adi M. Treasurywala, Allelix 
Biopharmaceuticals Inc., 6850 Goreway Drive, 
Mississauga Ont L4V 1V7  CANADA ; voice:  (908)677 
0831 (x238); Fax: (908)677 5344 or (908)6779595; email:  
[email-masked]
	
  Computational Thermochemistry - Dr. Karl Irikura, 
National Institute of Standards and Technology;  voice:  
(301)975-2510;  fax (301)926-4513; email:  
[email-masked]
	   
  Computational Advances in Inorganic Chemistry - 
Dr. Michael B. Hall, Department of Chemistry, Texas 
A&M University, College Station, TX 77843;  voice:  
(409)845-1843; fax:  (409)845-4719; email: 
[email-masked].
	
  Computational Chemistry of Supercooled Liquids - 
Dr. John Fourkas, Boston University. (co-sponsored with 
PHYS)
 
  Global Energy Minimization and Protein Folding - 
Dr. Ruth Pachter, WL/MLPJ, Building 651, WPAFB, OH 
45433-7702;   voice:  (513) 255-6671 ext 158; 
email:[email-masked].
 
  Internal Industrial and Academic Applicaitons of 
the Internet- Dr. Thomas Pierce, Rohm and Haas Co. 
P.O. Box 219 Bristol, PA 19007; Voice: (215) 785-8989; 
FAX (215) 781-4204; email:  [email-masked], 
Steven Bachrach, Department of Chemistry, Northern 
Illinois University, DeKalb, Il 60115;voice: (815)753-6863; 
Fax:   (815)753-4802; email:  [email-masked], Dr 
Henry Rzepa, Dept. Chemistry, Imperial College, 
LONDON SW7 2AY; voice:  (44) 171 594 5774 or 594 5809. 
Fax:  (44) 171 594 5804; email:  [email-masked] via Eudora 
2.03, World-Wide-Web URL: 
http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/rzepa.html.
 
  General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or 
Oral Sessions - Dr. George R. Famini, US Army 
Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice: (410)671-
2552; Fax:  (410)671-5373; email:  
[email-masked].

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
San Francisco Meeting, April 13-18, 1997

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood 
Research, Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, 
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  
(410)671-5373; email:  [email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract 
Form) are due by October 25, 1996 to respective session or 
symposium chairpersons.

         Industrial Applications of Computational Chemistry - 
Dr. Rick Ross, PPG Industries, P.O. Box 9, Allison Park, PA 15101; 
Voice (412)492-5359; email:  [email-masked].
 
  Structure, Dynamics, and Energetics of Saccharides - Dr. 
William Winter, Department of Chemistry, 315 Baker Lab, 
SUNY-ESF, Syracuse, NY 13210; voice:  (315)470-6876; fax:  
(315)470-6856;  email:  [email-masked].

       Molecular Modeling and Structure Determination of 
Nucleic Acids - Dr. Neocles B. Leontis, Department of 
Chemistry, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, 
OH 43403; voice:  (419)372-8663; fax: (419)372-9809;  email:  
[email-masked].
 	
        Computational Chemistry on Clusters, MPPs and Other 
Non-Traditional Computers -.    Dr. Timothy G. Mattson, 
Intel Supercomputer Systems Division, 5200 N.E. Elam Young 
Parkway, Mail Stop C06-09, Hillsboro, OR 97124; voice:  
(503)531-5502; email:  [email-masked].
 	
        Simulations of Inorganic and Organometalic Materials - 
Dr. Michael Sennett, U.S. Army Research Laboratory/Materials 
Directorate, AMSRL-MA-PB, Arsenal Street, Watertown, MA  
02172-0001; voice:  (617) 923-5419; fax:  (617) 923-5046; email: 
[email-masked].
 	
        Pharmacophore Identification - Dr. Yvonne Martin, 
Computer Assisted Molecular Design Project, D-47E, AP9A-LL, 
Abbott Laboratories,  One Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 
60064,voice: (708) 937-5362fax: 708 937-2625; email: 
[email-masked].
 	
        Molecular Shapes - Dr. Klaus Schulten, 3147 Beckman 
Institute, 405 N. Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL  61801; voice: (217) 
244-6914;  fax:  (217) 244-6078; email: 
[email-masked].
 	
         Applications of Virtual Reality to Chemistry - Dr. Ruth 
Pachter, WL/MLPJ, Building 651,WPAFB, OH 45433-7702; 
voice:  (513)255-6671 ext 3158; email:  
[email-masked].
 
        Recent Developments in Molecular Simulations Using 
Density Functional Theory - Dr. Jorge M. Seminario, 
Department of Chemistry, University of New Orleans, New 
Orleans, LA 70148, voice:  fax:   504-286-6860; email: 
[email-masked]
 	
        Non-Crystaline Solids - Dr. Benham Vessal, Biosym 
Corporation; email:  [email-masked].
 	
        Multivariate Models of Chemical Processes - Dr. Karen 
Rappaport, Hoechst-Celanese, 86 Morris Ave, Summitt, NJ 
07901; voice:  (908)522-7868; fax:  (908)522-3913;  email:  
[email-masked].
 
  Computational Chemistry in the Classroom - Dr. Angelo 
Rossi, IBM Watson Research Center, Yorktown Heights, NY
 
  W      General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or Oral 
Sessions - Dr. George R. Famini, US Army Edgewood 
Research, Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, 
APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-2552; Fax:  (410)671-5373; 
email:  [email-masked].
 
  Polymer Modeling - Wayne L. Mattice, Polymer Science, 
University of Akron, Akron, OH  44325-3909; voice: (216) 972-
5128; fax: (216) 972-5396; [email-masked].

  Fuzzy Sets and Fuzzy Logic:  Application of Soft Computing in 
Chemistry -Dr. Gerald M. Maggiora, Upjohn Pharmaceuticals, 
Kalmazoo, MI, voice:277-3459; fax:  (616) 385-8488; email:  
[email-masked].

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
Las Vegas Meeting, September 7-11, 1997

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood 
Research, Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, 
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  
(410)671-5373; email:  [email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract 
Form) are due by April 19, 1997 to respective session or 
symposium chairperson.

        Rational Drug Design - Dr. M. Rami Reddy, Gensia 
Inc., 9390 Towne Centre Drive, SanDiego, CA 92121;  
voice:  (619)-622-3851; fax:  (619)-622-4184; email:  
[email-masked]
 	
        Computational Tools for Drug Design -  Dr. Abby 
Parrill, Chemistry Department, Artificial Intelligence in 
Chemistry Laboratory, The University of Arizona, email:  
[email-masked].
 	
        Combined Quantum Mechanical/Molecular 
Mechanical Methods - Dr. Jiali Gao, Department of 
Chemistry, SUNY Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, email: 
[email-masked]
 
  New Methods in Computational Chemistry - Dr. 
Herschel Weintraub, RW Johnson Co., 1000 Route 202, 
Raritan, NJ 08869;  phone:  (908)704-5835;  fax:  (908)725-
4264;  email:  [email-masked].
 
  Multidimensional Data Visualization - Dr. Frank K. 
Brown, Glaxo Wellcome, RTP NC

  Solvation Models:  Applications and Theory - Dr. 
John McKelvey, Research Labs, Eastman-Kodak Co., 
Rochester, NY, 14650; Voice:  (716)477-3335; email:   
[email-masked].
 
  Internet for the Practicing Chemist - Dr. Jan 
Labonowski, Ohio Supercomputer Center - 
 
  Partial Charges and Electrostatic Fields - Dr. Donald 
Truhlar, Department of Chemistry, University of 
Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
 
  To Be Determined- Dr. Lisa Balbes, Osiris Consultants, 
9961 Park Drive, Site 118D, Twinsburg, OH 44087;  voice: 
 (216)425-7398;  email:  [email-masked]
 	
        General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or 
Oral Sessions - Dr. George R. Famini, US Army 
Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-
2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].

 

American Chemical Society
Computers in Chemistry Division
Dallas Meeting, 29 March - 2 April 1998

Program Chair:  George R. Famini, U.S. Army Edgewood 
Research, Development and Engineering Center, SCBRD-ASI, 
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21010; Voice:  (410)671-2552; Fax:  
(410)671-5373; email:  [email-masked].

Four (4) copies of 150-word abstract (Original on ACS Abstract 
Form) are due by October 20, 1997 to respective session or 
symposium chairperson.

  Computational Reaction Mechanisms -  Dr. Timothy 
Clark, Computer-Chemie-Centrum des Institus fur 
Organische Chemie, Friedrich-Alesander-Universitaet 
Erlhangen-Nuernberg, Naegelsbachstrasse 25, D-91052 
Erlangen, GERMANY;  phone: +49-9131-852948; fax:  +49-
9131-856565;  email:  [email-masked].
 
  QSAR and Related Techniques - Dr. Curt Breneman, 
Department of Chemistry, Rensellaer Polytechnic 
University, Cogswell Lab, 110 8th St, Troy, NY, phone:  
(518)276-2678; fax:  )518)276-4045;  email:  
[email-masked].
 	
        General Computational Chemistry - Poster and/or 
Oral Sessions - Dr. George R. Famini, US Army 
Edgewood Research, Development and Engineering 
Center, SCBRD-ASI, APG, MD 21010; voice:   410)671-
2552; Fax:  (410)671-2014; email:  
[email-masked].