Subject: VIJAIE '95 at Barcelona

From: "Alicia Martinez Puebla" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 15:21:38 -0600

VI MEETING ON INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS OF ENZYMES
                 ------------------------------------------------

                              November 29-30 1995
                    Gallery Hotel, Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain

                         Third Circular and call for papers

The Biochemistry and Biotechnology Group of the Associacio de Quimics de
l'Institut Quimic de Sarria (A-IQS), invites you to participate in the VI
Meeting on Industrial Applications of Enzymes to be held in Barcelona on the
29th and 30th of November 1995.

The conference is an European meeting point for all the people related to the
world of industrial enzymes. Participants from a wide range of fields including
research, marketing and practical applications will gather in Barcelona next
November. The meeting is organized in two independent day-sessions to provide
the opportunity of selecting the topics of your interest. The first day will be
focused on the use of enzymes in the food industry (bakery and flavours) and
the
second day will be directed to the enzymes in textile industry. A poster
session
is also scheduled during the meeting. A proceedings book and technical
documentation from the Sponsors and Collaborating Companies will be
distributed.

The III EUROPEAN A-IQS AWARD ON ENZYME TECHNOLOGY will be delivered during the
meeting.
This award is intended to promote pre-competitive research on innovation of
processess or products involving enzyme technology.

The meeting is sponsored by the main European enzyme producers, which will also
present their last innovations in the industrial applications of enzymes.

SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM

Lectures in the meeting will be organized as follows:

Wednesday, 29 November.

8'45 Registration

Session I: Enzymes in the baking industry

9'15 Opening of the Session

9'30 "Advances in the use of enzymes in baking"
      Dra. Carmen Benedito (Inst. de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de
Alimentos-CSIC,
Valencia)

10'20 Coffee break

11'00 "New developments of enzymes for the baking industry"
      Mrs. Joan Qi Si (Novo Nordisk Ferment Ltd.)

11'50 "Enzymes in baking: standardization or functionality?"
      Dr. Wim van Hartingsveldt (TNO Nutrition and Food Research)

12'40 "Recent progresses in technology and food application of industrial
enzymes"
      Dr. Jerome Souppe (Gist-Brocades)

13'30 Discussion

14'00 End of the morning session

16'30 "Enzymes and their role in bread taste and flavour development"
      Dra. M. Antonia Martinez-Anaya (Instituto de Agroquimica y Tecnologia de
Alimentos- CSIC, Valencia)

17'20 "The taste of DNA"
      Dr. Albert J.J. van Ooijen (Gist-Brocades)

18'10 "Bread flavour and yeast fermentation technology"
      Dr. Richard Molard (Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, INRA,
Nantes)

19'00 Discussion

19'30 Closing of the session

21'00 Dinner

Thursday, 30 November

SessionII:  Enzymes in the Textile Industry

8'15 Registration

8'45 Opening of the Session

9'00 "Biotechnological tools in the textile processes"
      Dr. Ing. Jose Cegarra (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, UPC,
Terrassa)

9'50 "Enzymatic Big Bang"
      Dr. Saverio Fornelli (Clariant, Basel)

10'40 Coffee break

11'30 "Wash - performance of a Lipase from Pseudomonas wisconsinensis"
      Dr. Gerhard Konieckny-Janda (Solvay Enzymes, Brusselles)

12'20 "Biotechnology for ecological textile finishing processes and products"
      Dr. Wolfgang Kesting (Deutsches Textilforschungszentrum, Krefeld)

13'10 "International cooperation in R+D in the European Union: The Eureka
Programme"
      Dr. Jose M. Gimenez (CDTI, Madrid)

14'00 Discussion

14'30 End of the morning session

16'30 "Applications of enzymes in the textile industry"
      Mr. Michael G. Schmidt (Novo Nordisk Biotechnologie GmbH)

17'20 "Enzymatic treatment of wool: A possible alternative for dying and
finishing"
      Dra. Asuncion Riba (Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya, UPC, Terrassa)

18'10 Discussion

18'30 III EUROPEAN A-IQS AWARD ON ENZYME TECHNOLOGY
      "Enzymatic acylation of sucrose as tool to produce potential surfactants"
      Dr. Antonio Ballesteros (Instituto de Catalisis y Petroleoquimica, CSIC,
Madrid)

19'20 Closing of the meeting. Mr. Lluis Segui, President of A-IQS

The official languages of the Meeting will be Spanish and English. Simultaneous
translation facilities will be available.

CONFERENCE VENUE AND ACCOMMODATION INFORMATION

The meeting will be held at the Gallery Hotel, located in downtown Barcelona.
Sessions will be held in the Hotel and the poster sessions will be in the
exhibition foyer outside the exhibition area. A limited amount of accommodation
has been reserved at this 4-star hotel with a special rate for the Conference.
Please, contact directly the reservation office of the Hotel.

Gallery Hotel,
Rosellon 249,
08008 Barcelona
Tel.: 34 3 4159911, Fax.: 34 3 4159184

REGISTRATION

A Registration Form follows. Please, complete the form and return along with
the
appropriate payment to the Conference Secretariat before November 27th.
Registration by fax or e-mail will be accepted if payment is received before
November 27th. Places are limited and decision will be made on a first-arrival
basis.  Full registration entitles participants to the book of Abstracts and
attendance at all sessions.

Secretary of the Meeting:

Associacio de Quimics de l'IQS (A-IQS)
Via Augusta 390
08017 Barcelona (Spain)
Tel.& Fax: + 34 3 2804276
E-mail: [email-masked]

CALL FOR POSTERS

Participants are invited to present a poster communication in the poster
session
that will be opened all along the meeting. The call for papers is opened until
October 30st for those willing to present a communication. Instructions are
available upon request by fax or e-mail to the Secretariat of the Meeting. All
abstracts will be refereed and acceptation will be notified before November
13th. Accepted Abstracts will be published in the proceedings book.
Contributions will be included into one of the following topics:

 -     The use of enzymes in food industry and flavour generation.
 -     The use of enzymes in paper and textile industries.
 -     Novel uses of enzymes and new enzymes for industrial applications.
 -     Enzyme technology and process engineering.

IMPORTANT DEADLINES

Presentation of Abstracts..................Monday, October  30st
Notification of accepted Abstracts.........Monday, November 13th
Registration and reception of payment......Monday, November 27th

SPONSOR COMPANIES AND INSTITUTIONS

The Organizing Committee greatefully acknowledges the following Companies for
their sponsoring effort: NOVO Nordisk, Gist-Brocades and Solvay Enzymes

and for their collaboration to the organization: Acigrasa SA, Biocatalyst
Ltd./Gentec SA, Biocon Espagnola SA, Curtex Industrias Sinteticas SA,
Laboratorio
de Ensayo y Analisis Girona SL, Sapa i Dafa Associes, Tecnufar Iberica SL.

Collaboration of the following institutions is also greatfully acknowledged:
"Departament de la Presidencia, Direccio General de Recerca i Comissionat per a
Universitats i Recerca" of the "Generalitat de Catalunya", "CETS Institut
Quimic
de Sarria" of the "Universitat Ramon Llull".

Please, send the following application form to the Secretary of the Meeting
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

VI MEETING ON INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS OF ENZYMES
Associacio de Quimics de l'IQS (A-IQS)
Via Augusta, 390
08017 Barcelona (Spain)
Tel. & Fax AIQS: 34 3 2804276
E-mail [email-masked]

1. DELEGATE NAME AND ADDRESS DETAILS

Surame __________________________ First Name _________________________

Position ____________________________________________________________

Affiliation __________________________________________________________

Postal Address ______________________________________________________

Post Code _________________________ City _____________________________

Country ____________________________________________________________

Tel ___________________ Fax __________________ e-mail _________________

2. ABSTRACTS

I wish to submit an Abstract Yes/No. Please, send me the detailed instructions.

Poster Title _________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________________

Authors ___________________________________________________________

3. DELEGATE REGISTRATION FEES

1 day (29 or 30 November)..................29000PTS*
2 days (29 and 30 November)................44000PTS*

* 20% reduction for A-IQS members (1 day: 23000PTS, 2 days: 35200PTS)

I wish/donnot wish to attend the meeting Dinner on 29.11.95 (ticket: 6500PTS)

Payment to be made in Spanish Pesetas by cheque payable to: "Associacio de
Quimics de l'IQS".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Albert PALOMER <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 17:42:30 +0200 (MDT)

Hola Alicia, ja he vist que habies enviat el mail a www.ccl.net.
Moltes gracies i fins d'aci a una estona.
Albert