Subject: Book/review articles on forcefields

From: Herbert Koeppen <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Oct 95 04:41:22 EDT

On October 10, 1995, Tosh wrote:

> Does anyone out there know of a good book or review article on forcefields?
> In particular, my colleagues are interested in any articles which may aid
> in choosing the 'best' forcefield for a particular problem - if such a 
> thing exists (I know it is rather subjective, but they would appreciate any
> leads).

Tosh,

have a look at Burkert & Allinger "Molecular Mechanics", ACS Monograph 177,
1982.
More recent information can be found in Lipkowitz & Boyd "Reviews in
Computational
Chemistry", VCH, Vol. 2 (1991) and Vol. 6 (1995). 

Herbert
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Herbert Koeppen, PhD, Medicinal Chemistry Department,
Boehringer Ingelheim KG, D-55216 Ingelheim, Germany
phone: ++49-6132-776845, fax: ++49-6132-773418
e-mail: [email-masked]