Subject: CCL: Free-of-charge literature Databases, results query

From: "Andreas P. Heiner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 1995 14:01:01 +0300

Dear netters,

A while ago I posted a question regarding free-of-charge literature
databases available on the net. The number of responses was good, the number
of sites overwhelming. Unfortunately there were no responses that pointed to
sites similar in set-up as the MEDLINE (HTML-oriented), but mainly to sites
where the abstract/preprints of selected journals can be found. In order not
to bias the results towards my line of research, I will just give pointers
to those sites that contain a lot of references to those one-journal sites
(and other chemical-related info). Publishers always announce that their
material is protected by copyright, so I am not allowed to list those
(serves them good). 

The original question was:

> Dear netters,
> 
> recently I discovered the blessings of automated literature scans on the
> Web, free of charge. The site I'm using is unfortunately not covering all
> our needs, so I would very much appreciate getting more
> free-of-charges-sites for literature retreival. The site we are using now is
> MEDLINE at http://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/medline/query-form.html
> but as said, more sites are wellcome.

>> From Hillary Gilson, <[email-masked]>
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~pedro/rt_journals.html ** I found this
particularly good **
http://www-sci.lib.uci.edu/~martindale/Ref2.html
http://www3.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Entrez/  if you are interested in genes/proteins
http://palms.awod.com/netsci/

>> From Antonio Gorni <[email-masked]>, 
        Edgar Arcia <[email-masked]>
telnet database.carl.org (use the option "Uncover")

>> From Soaring(?) Bear <[email-masked]>
http://ellington.pharm.arizona.edu:80/~bear/
(follow Quick Reference and More Reference links)

>> From Bruno Manunza <[email-masked]>
http://www.cib.unibo.it/eng/cataloghieng.html

>> From Lorenzo Pesce <[email-masked]>
http://hackberry.chem.niu.edu/cheminf.html

>>From Ron Ferguson <rferguso.u.arizona.edu>
http://vesta.pd.com specializes in comb. chemistry

>> And the Yahoo-pages 
http://www.yahoo.com/Science ** One of my favourites as well. **
=================================================================
| Andreas P. Heiner          | voice : +358-0-456 5105          |
| VTT/Biotechnology and      | fax   : +358-0-455 2103          |
|     Food Research          | e-mail: [email-masked] |
| Biologinkuja 1, Espoo      |                                  |
| FIN-02044 VTT Finland      |                                  | 
=================================================================