Subject: Pittsburgh_Modeling_Meeting

From: [email-masked] (Rick Ross)
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 95 06:45:30 PDT

Pittsburgh Molecular Modeling Group Meeting

			Friday, 11/17/95 

	Hosted by Professor Ken Jordan of the University of Pittsburgh
	   Room 135, Department of Chemistry, Chevron Science Center
		University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA

			Agenda

8:30 - 8:55 - Coffee - informal discussion

8:55 - 9:00 - Welcome - Dr.  Rick Ross - PPG Industries

9:00 - 9:40 - Dr.  Doug Smith - Concurrent Technologies:"Industrial Health Risk
	        	 Assessment"

9:40 - 10:15 - Dr.  Beverly Bendiksen - Calgon: "Scale Inhibition and Molecular
		 Modeling"

10:15 - 10:30 - Break

10:30 - 11:05 - Prof.  Ken Jordan, Dr.  Sharon Frederics, Dr.  Marc Pedulla -
		Univisity of Pittsburgh: "Properties of Water and Benzene-Water
                Clusters"

11:05 - 11:40 - Dr.  Anne Chaka - Lubrizol: "Corrosion Mechanisms of
		Organopolysulfide Lubricant Additives" - Tentative

11:40 - 11:55 - Break

11:55 - 1:00 - Lunch Discussion Period - Dr.  Rick Ross - PPG Industries, 
	moderator - topics including: "Demonstrating the Value of Molecular 
	Modeling and Bringing Modeling onto the Bench Chemists Desk - 
        When, Where, How?"

1:00 - 1:35 - Dr.  Tom Fabish - ALCOA - "Structure/Property Relationships for 
              PCB"

1:35 - 2:25 - Dr.  Doug Smith - DASGroup, Inc. - "Molecular Modeling of 
		Polycarbonates"

2:25 - 3:15 - Closing Discussion - Open topics - Plans for next meeting.

3:15 - ? - Post - Informal Discussion

  Meeting is open to all interested folks.  For more information contact:
     Rick Ross at (412) 492-5359 (Voice) or [email-masked] (email)