Subject: Folding

From: [email-masked] (Antonio Rosato)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 18:07:24 +0200

Dear Netters,

here is my question: is there a program that allows one to fold a protein
of which only the sequence is known, on the basis of the folding of
a similar one? How high should be the omology of the two?

My actual problem is: I have the sequence of a protein, but no x-ray nor
NMR structure is available, and I would like to do dynamics and/or 
modeling on that.
As usual, any suggestion is welcome. Thank you.
Cheers, 
Antonio

e-mail: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Dr. David N. Haney)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 1995 10:47:47 -0700 (PDT)

> a similar one? How high should be the omology of the two?

You should have a look at George Rose's recent work:

	Srinivasan and Rose, Proteins, 22:81-99 (1995)
	Nichols, Rose, Ten Eyck and Zimm, Proteins, 23:38-48 (1995)

-- 

        **************  David N. Haney, Ph.D.    ****************
        *  Haney Associates               Phone - 619-566-1127  *
        *  12010 Medoc Ln.                                      *
        *  San Diego, CA 92131            Fax - 619-586-1481    *
        **************  Email - [email-masked]  ***************