Subject: TMMeC - Call for Papers

From: [email-masked] (tmmec)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 21:27:58 -0700

Dear Colleagues,
   
   The Molecular Modeling  e-Conference  (TMMeC), a  new  mechanism  for the
   publication of scientific papers  which blends together the benefits of a
   Scientific  Meeting, a printed  paper  and  a multimedia  publication, is
   making through this means its first CALL-FOR-PAPERS.
   
   Organized primarily in the Internet, the TMMeC  displays  the  multimedia
   works of  participating authors in three  mirror sites,  located in  USA,
   Europe and Latin-America. The electronic addresses of these sites are
   
          http://bilbo.edu.uy/agora
          http://uqbar.ncifcrf.gov/agora
          http://stark.udg.es/agora
   
   The conference  takes  advantage  of the posibilities  of the WWW and the
   Chemical Mime  Types by providing the  authors with unmatched freedom for
   the communication of their ideas. 
   
   In TMMeC  the readers  will  have  the opportunity  to comment  about the
   ideas of other authors, adding their own comments to a special section of 
   each paper. Thus, the usual verbal exchange produced in normal scientific 
   meetings is  preserved, with the advantage that even those scientists not 
   involved  in the  discussions can  benefit from the conclusions. The open 
   discussion of  the papers  would  also  serve  as a means  to  ensure the
   highest quality of material is exposed in the e-Conference. 
   
   The  products  of the  e-Conference are  permanent in  time. Not only the 
   whole  multimedia version  of the  papers will  be produced in CD-ROM but
   also a printed copy of the work will be produced, if the authors wish so,
   by choosing for this purpose one of the  journals that have agreed  to be
   associated with us in this venture.
   
   One  of  the main  characteristics of this  conference is that we are not
   limiting it  to works  published in  English. In fact, it  will bring the
   opportunity to  scientist  of  Latin  expression  to  obtain  accelerated
   publications  in their native languages. This characteristic will also be
   used to  give support  to the Congresses of Theoretical Chemists of Latin
   Expression and their Association, just formed in Spain.
   
   A second  unique  characteristic is  that we will  be publishing not only 
   contributed  papers, but  Current Reviews  of interest to the Theoretical 
   Chemistry  and  Molecular  Modeling  community.  Differently  from  their
   printed  analogs, Current Reviews, only present in the e-Conference, will
   be continuously updated. Even at  the same moment that a new contribution
   is produced in the field. This can be  accomplished using  the  automatic
   facilities  that only  an electronic publication may offer. These reviews
   promise to  be a  highest  impact  publication  as  they  would  become a
   necesary entry  point for anyone looking for up to day information in any
   of the subjects covered in them. 
   
   All  these  exciting  projects  and  others  are fully  described  in the
   editorial pages of the conference and we will be extremely pleased if you
   visit  TMMeC. You will find there a  more detailed description  about the
   scope of our ideas.
   
   We  apologize  for any duplications of  this letter that  may reach  your
   mail-box. This  first and  only Call for  Papers is being send to several
   especialized mail lists, thus duplications may occur.
   
               With our best regards,
   
                               Oscar N. Ventura ([email-masked])
                               Raul E. Cachau   ([email-masked])
                               Miquel Duran      ([email-masked])