Subject: link to pdb file in HTML

From: [email-masked] (Makoto Yoneya)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 15:21:22 +0900

Dear Netters,

I'm in trouble with linking to pdb files in my WWW page.
I'd like to consult with expert of that.

The situation at this momont is as follows.

 By clicking a link item (linked to a pdb file) in my WWW page, browser
 (Mosaic 2.4) does not show hypermolecule with xmol or rasmol, and just shows
 the actual contents of the pdb file.

And I checekd the following possibilities.

 1) Browser (Mosaic) setting (.mailcap and .mime.types files)
    The settings are O.K. with the WWW brouser test page
    (chemical object test in http://www-dsed.llnl.gov/documents/WWWtest.html). 
    I can look hypermolecule (in pdb file) with xmol or rasmol via Mosaic
    for this this test page.

 2) My pdb file format
    The pdb file is viewable with xmol or rasmol with direct command line usage.
    And the trail to link the other pdb file (actually the example pdb file
    which attached to rasmol package) in WWW page also failed to look via
    Mosaic as in my pdb file.

Guessing from these, I suppose there are mistakes in my WWW page especially in 
a manner to link a pdb file.

My WWW page URL under the trouble is 

 http://fuujinn.hitachi.co.jp/~yoneya 

 (the link to the pdb files are at figure 3(a), figure3(b) in the section of
  "Polyimide oligomers on graphite" etc.)

and I'm very happy to hear any suggestions. 

Thank you for advance.

Makoto Yoneya: E-MAIL: [email-masked] TEL: +81-294-52-7530(FAX:-7632)
Hitachi Res. Lab., Hitachi, Ltd., 7-1-1 Omika, Hitachi, Ibaraki, 319-12 JAPAN

---

From: [email-masked] (Makoto Yoneya)
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 19:01:53 +0900

>>  http://fuujinn.hitachi.co.jp/~yoneya 

Thank you for all helps from many experts for my troubles above.

We've changed the configuration of httpd on our WWW server as suggested
and the problem was cleared.

Thank you again for many quick response.

P.S. The WWW page contents above will be presented at ECCC2 (2nd Electronic 
Computer Chemistry Conference which will open from Nov. 1st).