Subject: Re : CCL:PDBLib, a C++ macromolecular class library

From: Eugene Leitl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 16:55:36 +0100 (MET)

Several persons were unable to retrieve the document
from the URL I posted. I'm sorry: I should have given the 
full path:

  http://cuhhca.hhmi.columbia.edu/bourne.html

This should work, as I was able the access the document just now.

The name of the other library is pdb++. I have no data (and couldn't
find any references via websearch(es)) to it, alas. Maybe other
CCL participants have some information on pdb++ or similiar PDB OO 
libraries?

-- Eugene

---

From: [email-masked] (Hinsen Konrad)
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 1995 15:43:40 -0500

PDB++ is available by ftp from cgl.ucsf.edu as /pub/libpdb++.shar;
there is also a C version with the name /pub/libpdb.shar. All it does
is handle line-by-line I/O of PDB files, so it saves you the trouble
of having to deal with Fortran-formatted files from C or C++. If
that's what you need, get a copy - it works.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Konrad Hinsen                     | E-Mail: [email-masked]
Departement de chimie             | Tel.: +1-514-343-6111 ext. 3953
Universite de Montreal            | Fax:  +1-514-343-7586
C.P. 6128, succ. Centre-Ville     | Deutsch/Esperanto/English/Nederlands/
Montreal (QC) H3C 3J7             | Francais (phase experimentale)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------