Subject: HINT Software for Hydropathy/Hydrophobicty Modeling

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 1995 13:53:00 -0400 (EDT)

eduSoft, LC wishes to announce the availability of new versions of HINT, 
the hydrophobicity software for modeling. 

        HINT for Sybyl 6.2 is now available
        HINT for InsightII 95.0 will be available shortly
        HINT for Chem-X (July 95) is now available

HINT calculates 3D hydropathy fields and 3D hydropathic interaction maps that 
are useful as tools for 3D QSAR and biomacromolecular structure, as well as:

1.estimates LogP for modeled molecules in InsightII, Sybyl, or Chem-X.
2.provides SMILES-based tools for molecule building using the Daylight 
  Toolkit and the Biosym Sketcher module (available in Hint 2.1I). 
3.numerically and graphically evaluates binding of drugs or inhibitors into 
  protein structures and scores DOCK (UCSF) orientations. 
4.constructs hydropathic (LOCK and KEY) complementarity maps that can be used 
  to predict an ideal substrate from a known receptor or protein structure or 
  to propose the hydropathic structure from known agonists or antagonists. 
5.evaluates/predicts effects of site-directed mutagenesis on protein structure 
  and stability. 

For more information please contact me, Dr. David Haney at [email-masked],
or view the HINT home page:
      http://www.i2020.net/edusoft/hint/hint.html

Other WWW on-line info is available at: 
  manuals http://www.phc.vcu.edu/hint/hintmans.html
  presentations: http://www.phc.vcu.edu/hint/hinttalk.html
  references: http://www.i2020.net/edusoft/hint/hintpubs.html

******************************************************************************
				Dr. Glen E. Kellogg
Department of Medicinal Chemistry		eduSoft, LC
Virginia Commonwealth University		PO Box 1811
Richmond, VA  23298-0540			Ashland, VA  23005
			   Email: [email-masked]
******************************************************************************