Subject: [Q]: How to keep a particular state in G94?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 1995 11:29:21 +0800

Dear all,

        I had a question that I hope someone on the list can help.  I am
doing some calculations on small transition metal compound using Gaussian
94.  I carried out an SCF calculation which gives me a particular state but
I would like to calculate a DIFFERENT state.  After using
guess=(read,alter) to get to the state I like, the SCF brings it back to
the original state that I do not want.

        My question is: is there anyway I can get Gaussian to keep the same
state from my guess=(read,alter) job?

yours sincerely,
Ida N. L. Ma

Dr. Ida N. L. Ma
Assistant Professor,
GH623, Dept. of Applied Biology and Chemical Technology
Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Hung Hom, Hong Kong
Tel:    852-27665620
FAX:    852-23649932