Subject: Calcium channels

From: [email-masked] (Steve Bowlus)
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 95 10:39:55 -0500

Is anyone aware of studies (or will share their own) which deal with the 
structure of calcium channels?  Our literature searches have given many 
references to (Q)SAR of calcium agonists/antagonists, but none of the 
papers appears to extrapolate from the immediate question to inferences 
about the (local) structure of the binding site, much less the total 
structure.

If there are no known (ultra)structural studies, a pointer to a reference 
which addresses the question of receptor geometry and/or features inferred 
>from SAR of drugs would still be of interest.

I will summarize useful replies to the Net.

sb

===========================================================================
  Stephen B. Bowlus, Ph.D.                Computer-Aided Molecular Design 
                                          Research Division
  e-mail: [email-masked]               Sandoz Agro, Inc.
  Phone:  + 1 415 354 3904                975 California Ave.
  Fax:    + 1 415 857 1125                Palo Alto, CA 94304
===========================================================================