Subject: Two questions

From: "Hr Dr. S. Shapiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 17:47:00 +0100 (MET)

Dear Colleagues;

     I have two questions which I hope someone out in cyberspace will be able
to answer, either individually or together:

     (i) Does anyone have information on the structure in solution of
         micelles of long-chain n-alkylphenols or alkoxyphenols, e.g.
         n-p- (or m- or o-) octylphenol, n-p- (or m- or o-) heptyl-
         phenol, n-p- (or m- or o-) octyloxyphenol, or n-p- (or m- or
         o-) heptyloxyphenol?  Does anyone know of published values
         of solubilities or especially critical micelle concentrations
         of such compounds?

    (ii) Does anyone have any information on experimental (preferred)
         or theoretical (OK) values for the dielectric constant in
         the interior of lipid bilayers, artificial membranes, or
         (preferred) biological membranes?

     Thanks in advance to all responders.

Regards,

S. Shapiro
ZH, CH
[email-masked]